Post-Merger B of A Revamps
- New Exec Lineup at B of A. Boraks, David // American Banker;3/24/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 57, p20
Bank of America Corp. (B of A) named new financial and corporate banking chiefs on Tuesday, completing a reorganization of its executive lineup as it prepares to buy FleetBoston Financial Corp. next week. James H. Hance Jr., who has been the chief financial officer at B of A and its predecessors...
- BofA's Fleet Of Headaches. Adams, John // Bank Technology News;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p1
No abstract available.
- BofA Faces Big Post-Deal Job. // Bank Technology News;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p9
No abstract available.
- Community Development Reactions to BoA's Merger with Fleet Are Mixed. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;1/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p11
Reports on the acquisition of FleetBoston Financial Corp. by the Bank of America Corp in Charlotte, North Carolina. Terms of the agreement; Affordability on the prices of the houses; Efforts of the firm to increase purchasing from minority owned businesses.
- BoA/Fleet 'Low Impact' // National Mortgage News;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p1
Reports that Bank of America Corp. is purchasing Fleet Boston Financial Corp. in 2003 through a stock purchase in 2003. Expansion of the bank's presence in New England; Impact of the purchase on the bank's industry ranking; Effects of the purchase on the banking industry.
- Bank of America Sending 300 More Jobs to Boston. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;12/13/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 237, p2
Announces that Bank of America Corp. plans to move 300 more wealth management jobs to Boston. Significance of the move, following B of A's acquisition of FleetBoston Financial Corp. and its expected layoffs of over 12, 000 jobs; Profile of the wealth and investment management unit.
- Bank of America CFO Says Integration Going Smoothly. Boraks, David // American Banker;5/28/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 103, p2
In the leadership shuffle that followed the April 1 acquisition of FleetBoston Financial Corp., Bank of America Corp. (B of A) got its first new chief financial officer (CFO) since it was a midsize North Carolina bank. Marc D. Oken became CFO the day after the $47 billion deal closed, succeeding...
- At Last, M&A Payday Is Here. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 42, p11
Discusses the merger and acquisition activities in the U.S. Merger between Bank of America Corp. and FleetBoston Financial Corp.; Acquisition of WellPoint Health Networks Inc. by Anthem Inc.; Beneficiaries of the merger and acquisition deals.
- Mass. CUs Expect To Benefit From Big Bank Merger. Freeman, Lisa // Credit Union Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the preparation of New England-based credit unions for the onslaught of bank customers who are expecting to become credit union members in relation to the FleetBoston-Bank of America merger. Insights on Credit Union League member Rob Kimmett; Effect of mergers on credit union...