Ohio Legislature Weighs Changes to TIF District Legislation
- Dubuque Preps GO Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33656, p9
The article reports on the 4.4-million dollar of general obligation bonds (GOs) and 7.5-million-dollar of GOs to be issued by Dubuque, Iowa to finance its downtown urban renewal area and various capital projects as well as refunding outstanding notes.
- Congress calls tax hike an `inflation adjustment'. Lesher, Richard L. // Human Events;6/10/94, Vol. 50 Issue 22, p15
Discusses the implications of the United States government's automatic inflation adjustment for civil fines levied under federal laws. Possible tax hike on business enterprises; Reinventing Government bill; Requirement for adjustment for inflation of federal civil penalties; Civil penalties for...
- Review, rewrite laws to rein in TIF districts. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/29/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p14
The article comments on the need to review and rewrite laws to control tax-increment financing (TIF) districts of Chicago, Illinois.
- TIF reform bill just the beginning for citizens group. // Corridor Business Journal;7/2/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p12
The editor comments on the tax increment financing (TIF) reform bill signed as law during May 2012 in Iowa, where the author states that the bill marks the success of Citizens for Responsible Growth and Taxation, a group of business owners and developers in the state.
- Bill giving GO ability to Virgin Islands waits for Clinton nod. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p5
Reports on the submission of a legislation that would save the Virgin Islands up to five million dollars on its planned $100 million financing to President Bill Clinton for his signature after the United States Senate gave it final congressional approval in October 1999. Provision of the bill...
- California's `super' bond election day. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p1
Reports that California voters will decide the fate of state and local bonds in a high-stakes election. Impact of the outcome on the state's oldest bond law, the voter threshold for school debt; Predictions that the Republican Party will have the greatest impact on the bond measures.
- Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority to Sell $128 Million. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p34
Reports on the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Redevelopment Authority's plans to sell about $128 million in revenue bonds by the end of 2004 to help finance redevelopment projects in the city. Structure of the deal; Financial management firms selected as advisers; Philadelphia's credit ratings from...
- Bill would aid casino construction. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the impact of the passage of a bill that bars local referendums on projects funded through tax-increment financing in New Jersey on the Revel Entertainment casino project.
- Senators look to sunset ticket, excise tax hikes. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/11/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p8
The article reports on the opposition by Joe Loftus, counsel of Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Greg Ballard, on the Senate Bill 90 tax hike legislation offered by a member of the Marion County delegation of the Republican Party.