Raising Clemson's Cap
- South Carolina's Sanford Tries Again, Asks to Tap Stimulus for School Debt. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/18/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33082, p4
The article reports on the move by South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford to ask U.S. President Barack Obama to allow the state's use of $577 million of federal stimulus aid to finance about $579 million on general obligation bonds for education. It states that Sanford has requested Obama for the...
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Deb-Limit Veto Override. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/17/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32631, p9
The article reports on the veto by Governor Mark Sanford, which override the legislation that would increase the debt limit to $200 million from $60 million for two largest universities in South Carolina. Sanford's veto letter concerns on the increasing tuition burden for students. On the other...
- Will State Budget be Breakfast of Champions or All-Out Food Fight? Lawmakers Seek Balanced Diet or Education. Hartvigsen, Kristine // South Carolina Business Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford on January 5, 2005 released his 2005-06 Executive Budget, a $5.3 billion spending plan developed around eight primary goal areas and more than 1,500 governmental activities. Sanford's goal is to reduce dependence on non-recurring...
- Bonus Points for Teachers. Dusenberry, Mary Branham // State News (Council of State Governments);Apr2006, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on an executive budget proposal made by Governor Mark Sanford that would provide incentives to teachers in underperforming schools in the U.S. to obtain National Board Certification. States that provide financial incentives for certification; Need to have changes in order for the...
- SOUTH CAROLINA. Samuels, Christina A. // Education Week;1/28/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p12
The article reports on school choice and educational funding policy in a speech by South Carolina governor Mark Sanford. Sanford advocates an expansion of charter schools and rewards for students who graduate early from high school. Other topics include restructuring low-performing schools,...
- Sanford Makes Case For Tax Reform. Richard, Alan // Education Week;2/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p19
South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford told a state hobbled by manufacturing-job losses and cuts in education funding that new ideas would lead to new prosperity. Sanford has urged during his January 21, 2004 State of the State Address that lawmakers pass his phase-out of the state income tax. He...
- N.J. Assembly OKs School Building. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p2
Reports on the New Jersey Assembly's approval of the school construction aid package. Legislators' response to a May 1997 state Supreme Court decision requiring the state to provide more funding for poorer, urban districts; Amount to be spent on Abbott and non-Abbott districts.
- Sanford admits to additional liaisons. Wilson, Reid // Hill;7/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 77, p7
The article reports on the admission of South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford on the issue of additional affairs with Maria Belen Chapur.
- Sanford mystery is explained -- Gov. tearfully admits affair. Wilson, Reid // Hill;6/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 75, p1
The article reports that South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford has confessed during a press conference that he is having an illegitimate affair with an Argentinean woman.