Fitch, S&P Put ACA On Negative Watch
- Tallahassee, Fla., Pricing $210M of Energy System Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/7/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32686, p36
The article reports on the $210 million of energy system revenue bonds released by Tallahassee, Florida, to the public. The said sale of bonds has been upgraded by Moody's Investors Service from A1 to Aa3, while Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's Corp. assigned AA-minus ratings to the deal. If...
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p33
Presents charts depicting changes to the ratings of bonds issued in the bond market in the U.S. Move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to upgrade the ratings to the bond issued by Alabama Federal Aid Highway Finance Authority; Reason of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to change the ratings assigned to...
- Market Muted Over ACA. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p1
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to downgrade its rating for bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty (ACA) Corp. ACA would be downgraded to triple-C from single-A. It said that it could not withstand being rated below A-minus. Such a downgrade would result to wide-sweeping...
- Standard & Poor's Slams ACA With CCC. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p1
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to downgrade its rating for bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty (ACA) Corp. ACA was downgraded to CCC from A. S&P also dropped its ratings on more than 3,000 credits insured by ACA. Nearly 2,400 of these credits were dropped to...
- Far West: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for July 16, 2003. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p31
Presents data on the rating assigned to bonds issued by U.S. states by rating agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc., Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Inc. Insured yield of one-year bond issued by the state of Alaska; Rating given to 30-year bond issued by California.
- New Jersey Bond Ratings Downgraded. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p1
Reports that Fitch Ratings and Standard and Poor's have downgraded the general obligation and appropriation bonds of the state of New Jersey. Reasons for the decision of the credit ratings agencies; Details of the bond ratings move.
- Fitch, S&P Reports Highlight Growing Number of Downgrades. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;4/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33107, p7
The article focuses on the declined bond ratings issued by the agency Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. in New York in 2009. According to a report, Fitch has signed various downgrades than upgrades in the first quarter, while Standard & Poor tipped in favor of upgrades. The agency...
- Raters Give Single A to Louisiana's 1st Post-Hurricane GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p4
The article reports on the rating assigned by credit rating agencies Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. to Louisiana's first general obligation bond deal since hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Both raters assigned A ratings to the deal which will be used to provide funds for local...
- Ups and Downs in the Rating Game. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p80
Reports on the study conducted by Fitch Ratings on default rates in the municipal bond sector in the U.S. Results of the study; Upgrades made by Fitch on local government general obligations and tax- and lease-backed bonds; Information on the review conducted by Standard & Poor's on state ratings.