Fitch, S&P Put ACA On Negative Watch
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p31
Presents news briefs of interest to the bond market in the U.S., compiled as of March 2004. Call of Governor Bob Riley for the resignation of the 14-member board that runs the Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission; Fitch Ratings' affirmation of its A-minus rating on Boca Raton Community...
- Tennessee Closes 1st Negotiated Issue With $389 Million of GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/7/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33111, p28
The article reports on the first negotiated general obligation sale in the amount of $389 million by the state of Tennessee in May 2009. The said $389 million comprises the transactions of the $291 million of Series A bonds as well as of the $98 million of Series B bonds. They were rated AA-plus...
- S&P Restores ACA Outlook to Stable. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p40
Reports on the restoration of Standard & Poor's Corp. of the bond rating of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in the U.S. Amount of money received by the guarantor; Total statutory capital of the company.
- N.Y.C. Prepares $300M GO Package With Two-Day Retail Order Period. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/9/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32979, p23
The article reports on the plan of New York City to sell its $300 million of fixed-rate general obligation bonds on October 2008. Accordingly, the bonds have been given by Standard & Poor's Corp. a rate of AA, while Fitch Ratings rated it with AA-minus. Morgan Stanley will serve as book running...
- Florida Localities Dominate the Southeast in Rating Upgrades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p28
Delves into the financial trend in Florida. Number of bond rating upgrades approved; Status of bond sales in the state; Identification of companies that have received bond rating upgrades from companies such as Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Inc.
- Washington County, Md., Upgraded, Affirmed Ahead of $25 Million Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p28
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrade and Fitch Ratings Inc.'s affirmation of underlying credit ratings for Washington County, Maryland in advance of the country's competitive sale of $25.5 million in general obligation bonds. The rating on the county's $129.4 million of...
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Pension Expert: Rating Agencies Could Hammer Pennsylvania. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;5/8/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34106, p1
The article reports that bond rating agencies are poised to downgrade Pennsylvania again based on its unfunded pension liability. According to financial services company Standard & Poor's, Pennsylvania has not fully funded its annual required contribution (ARC) since 2004. It further states that...
- Fitch Upgrades Florida Hurricane Fund as Storm Season Picks Up. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p36
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. upgraded the ratings of Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund. Use of Florida's catastrophe fund to provide reinsurance during the hurricane season; Growth in the fund balance; Ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp.