Westly: Revenues Up
- Inland Revenue (UK). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p134
A definition of the term "Inland Revenue (UK)" is presented. It refers to the government department responsible for the collection and administration of income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax, National Insurance contributions, inheritance tax, stamp duty and petroleum revenue tax.
- Ontario 2000 budget. // Accountancy;Jun2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1282, p123
The article focuses on a report presented by Ernst & Young regarding Canada's Ontario 2000 budget. According to the report, highlights of year 2000 budget were higher than expected 1999 revenues leading to larger tax refunds, the introduction of a personal "tax on income" system, and a reduction...
- GEORGIA: Revenues Dip in July. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/14/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32940, p9
The article reports on the decline in Georgia's revenues in July 2008, according to the state's Department of Revenue. The revenues dipped 6.6% to about $1.21 billion due to a drop in individual income tax revenue collections. Net sales and use collections were down 5.3% to $492 million while...
- Slow But Stable. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31861, p31
Focuses on the economic performance of the state of Kansas as of April 2004. Revenue estimates; Corporate income tax collected; General revenue collections.
- Public Finances. Dufy, David; Durkan, Joseph; Casey, Eddie // Quarterly Economic Commentary;Autumn2012, p16
This article looks into public finances of Ireland. The nation's public finances are described in aggregate terms as largely consistent with the outcome for the year set out in the 2012 budget, the Exchequer returns for August indicated. For the first eight months of 2012, overall revenue growth...
- Budget Results and Financing of the U.S. Government and First-Quarter Receipts by Source. // Treasury Bulletin;Mar2009, p9
Several charts are presented depicting results of budget receipts, by source, for the first quarter of fiscal year 2009 in the U.S. which includes individual income tax receipts, net corporate income tax receipts, and employment taxes and contributions receipts.
- Hoping for Wall St. downturn. // Crain's New York Business;4/9/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p12
The article comments on a $120 billion budget, recently approved by New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, which raises state-funded spending by 8.7%, three times the rate of inflation. It is seen as the second straight year of such big increases. Securities firms earned a record $33 billion last...
- Finance Act 2009 Implementation of Budget 2009 (Part 1). O'Brien, Mary // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2008, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p70
The article outlines the significant measures which were introduced in the Budget 2009 and are expected to be implemented in Finance Act 2009 in Ireland. A new income tax levy covers preferential home loans and other loans, pensions and deposit income retention tax. Value added tax (VAT) deals...
- U.S. Government Posts $165.96 Deficit in May. // Bond Buyer;6/12/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32898, p2
The article reports that the U.S. government has posted $165.9 billion deficit in May 2008 as revealed by the Treasury Department. The deficit followed an April surplus of $159.3 billion and the government took in $124.271 billion in receipts while spending $290.198 billion. The receipts on...