Smooth Rising: Seattle's Monorail Bonds May Sell in Fall
- 1,000 Words Image of the Week: Brazil Goes Monorail. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;10/4/2012, p1
The article focuses on the ongoing construction of the monorail in SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil as of October 4, 2012.
- Goodbye to gridlock? Gould, Lark Ellen // Travel Agent;12/12/94, Vol. 273 Issue 9, p90
Reports on the construction of the monorail system in Las Vegas, Nevada. Location of the monorail system; Effect of the monorail system on the tourist trade of Las Vegas.
- Baghdad seeks investors for monorail. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/16/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 29, p14
The article reports that the Transport Ministry of Iraq and Baghdad Investment Authority are seeking investors for its monorail projects.
- Portsmouth monorail poised for go-ahead. // Professional Engineering;04/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p12
Updates on the plans to construct a monorail in the city of Portsmouth, England. Expected recommendation by the planning department; Economic and viability studies; Funding plans.
- Scomi wins SÃ£o Paulo monorail. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2011, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on a turnkey contract that was awarded by Metro SÃ£o Paulo to a consortium consisting of several companies to construct the Line 17 monorail in Brazil in 2011, including Scomi Group, Montagens e Projetos Especiais SA, and CR Almeida SA.
- BONDS APPROVED FOR EXTENSION OF LAS VEGAS MONORAIL SYSTEM. Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/11/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p20
Reports the approval of tax-free bonds for the construction of an extended monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on the monorail extension; Information on the construction costs; Addition of five stations to the project.
- Earnings fall for monorail builder. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;3/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p3
Reports the earnings of monorail contractor Granite Construction Inc. as of 2001 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on increases in revenues; Information on the planned Las Vegas Monorail; Aims in solving traffic problems in the city.
- All Aboard for $650 Million Las Vegas Strip Monorail Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;09/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30975, p6
Focuses on the bond deal among investors and institutions to build a monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on the pricing of the tier loan; Notion on the risks in bond deals; Issuance of bonds by the Nevada Department of Business and Industry; Description of the monorail system.
- Emirates goes wild in Birmingham. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/11/2010, Issue 2916, p20
The article reports on the range of designs provided by Emirates Airline for its monorail system, which highlights its destination offer from Birmingham, England.