Nuveen Tailors Closed-End Strategy to Avoid Rate-Hike Losses
- Nuveen Investments Launches New High-Yield Municipal Bond Portfolio. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p32
Reports that Nuveen Investments has launched a closed-end fund that will invest in high-yield municipal bonds. Amount of the raised fund; Advantages of investing in high-yield municipal bonds; Issuance of preferred shares at low short-term rates; Manager of the fund.
- Nuveen Fine-Tunes ETFConnect.com. // American Banker;3/16/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 51, p11
The article looks at Nuveen Investments and the revamping of ETFConnect.com, which provides information on exchange-traded closed-end funds and index exchange-traded funds. The site was launched in 2001 and covers more than 850 funds from 121 fund sponsors. Fund sorting and comparisons have been...
- Closed-End Funds: Alliance, Nuveen Plan 11 New Launches. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p8
Reports on the plan of Alliance Capital Management Corp. and Nuveen Investment to launch 11 closed-end municipal bond funds in the U.S. Total Assets raised by 31 closed-end funds launched by the companies during the year 2001; Demand for municipal closed-end funds in the bond market; States for...
- Muni CEFs Manage to Avoid Volatility of Their Brethren. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;7/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p11
The article discusses the relatively steady performance of closed-end municipal bond funds during 2010. Unlike closed-end funds related to stocks, bank loans, and other securities, the municipal funds have shown comparatively little volatility and recorded steady monthly gains. The largest...
- Nuveen Investments Proposes BAB Closed-End Fund. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;3/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33276, p7
The article reports on the plan of investment management firm Nuveen Investments Inc. to devote its investment vehicles to Build America Bonds (BAB) closed-end fund in the U.S.
- RESEARCH. // Money Management Executive;10/24/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the study from asset management company Nuveen Investments Inc. which found that financial advisers recommend closed-end funds as their clients are increasingly seeking diversification and income opportunities for their existing portfolios.
- Changes in the liquidity of closed-end country funds after the introduction of World Equity Benchmarks Chen, Honghui; Morse, Joel N.; Nguyen, Hoang Huy // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Aug2009, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p1081
Abstract: In 1996, the first exchange-traded funds (ETFs) designed to track a subset of the Morgan Stanley Capital International country indices were approved under the name World Equity Benchmarks (acronym â€œWEBSâ€â„¢). We examine the impact of early WEBS-trading on the liquidity...
- Closed-End Funds. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p6
Highlights the results of a survey of ten New York-specific and national closed-end municipal bond funds by Gruntal & Co. Analyst Michael McGrath's assessment of the closed-end funds market.
- PIMCO, BlackRock IPOs to Follow Nuveen's Lead. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31147, p8
Reports on Black Rock Inc. and PIMCO's initial public offerings (IPO) for closed-end municipal funds in the United States. Release dates; Results of Nuveen Investments' IPO for a number of funds; Appeal of the funds to investors.