Banc One to Lose Three Public Finance Bankers in Merger
- Bank One: Domino Effect? Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;1/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the effect of the acquisition of Bank One Corp. by J.P. Morgan Chase on the residential mortgage business in New York. Trading activity within the deal market for mortgage firms; Enhancement of shareholder value of banks; Number of mortgage banks on sale.
- Bank One's difficult lessons to be used in merger. Patton, Mike // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/12/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 54, p32
Reports on the merger of Bank One and J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. in the U.S. Promise of better service and diverse product offering by the bank to its customers; Cost of the acquisition; Reduction of jobs.
- Bank moves on horizon. Petersen, Jeri; Rahen, Bruce // Fort Worth Business Press;10/22/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p1
This article reports on the merger of JPMorgan Chase-Bank One and Bank One in October 2004. Benefits of the banks from their mergers are assessed. The importance of the merger to the expansion of Compass is stated. Responses of other financial institutions to the merger are provided.
- Dimon's Morgan gives chase to Citi. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;11/22/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p1
The article informs that two years ago, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., the stumbling giant of Park Avenue, had hit rock bottom. Efforts to put together a huge bank to rival Citigroup had fallen short in almost every respect, and disheartened investors dumped the shares, halving their value. Today,...
- J.P. Morgan-Bank One union lagging other merged banks. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;1/31/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p28
The article presents information on J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank One Corp. union. Stock-market returns on the three big U.S. bank mergers last year show Bank One Corp. shareholders in last place. The J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. stock they received when the New York City bank bought Bank One is...
- JPM-Bank One: How It Might Hit Regulators. Linder, Craig // American Banker;1/27/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 17, p1
Regulators in New York and the U.S.'s capital are watching closely to see how J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. sorts through the Web of federal and state banking charters it will have once its deal to buy Bank One Corp. closes. Whether the combined company will keep all its charters is an issue that...
- JP Morgan buys Bank One. Andrews, Bruce; Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;1/22/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the decision of U.S. finance company J.P. Morgan Chase to acquire Bank One.
- JPM, Sovereign Say Conversions Had No Hitches. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;9/22/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 183, p20
The author reports that JPMorgan Chase reported no problems in the final phase of the companywide retail branch conversion of its computers to Bank One's computer system. JPMorgan Chase, which acquired Bank One Corp. in July 2004, believed that Bank One's computer system was superior. JPMorgan...
- Bank consolidation marches on. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/20/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p25
The article focuses on consolidations in the field of banking in the U.S. as of February 2004. Banking giants, as well as regional banks, are continuing to consolidate. Over the past months, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Bank One have announced merger plans, as have Fleet and Bank of America. In...