Satz to Resign ACA Posts; Capital Needs Keep IPO on Table
- Satz Steps Up at ACA Named CEO; Fraser Will Remain Chairman. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;08/03/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30946, p1
Reports the appointment of Michael Satz as chief executive officer (CEO) of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in New York, New York. Career background of Satz; Reasons of Satz for accepting the position; Responsibilities of Satz as CEO.
- ACA to Seek Capital Infusion to Stave Off Standard & Poor's Downgrade, CEO Says. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p34
Focuses on ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s talks with investors for a needed capital infusion. Chief executive officer Michael Satz's speech before investors; Response to Standard & Poor's Inc.'s decision to place the firm on CreditWatch with negative implications; Decreased confidence in ACA...
- ACA CDOs hold up amid dark clouds. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p4
Reports that the asset manager ACA Financial Guaranty continues with its planned collateralized debt obligation offering despite losing two of its top executives. Downgrade of ACA's insurance operations by Fitch; Rating for ACA by Standard & Poor's; Planned initial public offering with help from...
- ACA Builds New CDO Model. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;4/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p6
Presents an update on the financing company ACA Financial Guaranty as of April 23, 2001. Appointment of Maryam Muessel as chief operating officer; Marketing plans of ACA according to chief executive officer Michael Satz; Executives that resigned from ACA.
- After Stumbling at Start of 2001, ACA Seeks Profitable Stride. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p6
Reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. is anticipating a profit in 2001 after its move to reduce staff and modify its business plan to expand insurance coverage into less competitive sectors and engage in structured finance. Forecast made by chief executive Michael E. Satz of company profit...
- In Transitional Year, ACA's Chief Lays Out His Vision of Future. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31209, p32
Reports the vision of chief executive officer Michael E. Satz on the financial condition of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Accounts on the reorganization of the company; Impact of the reorganization on corporate income; Significance of financial transactions on profitability.
- Capital concerns for ACA. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p1
Reports on the concerns over ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s capital adequacy in the U.S. Financial condition and rating of the company; Move of ACA Financial's parent company to file for an initial public offering; Expansion of ACA into collateralized debt obligation sector.
- ACA Names Roseman to Replace Satz. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p1
Reports on the appointment by U.S.-based municipal bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. of former ACE Financial Solutions executive Alan S. Roseman to the roles of chief executive officer and president. Executive replaced by Roseman; Views of analysts on the appointment; Continuation by...
- Business Development Co. IPO Wave to Benefit Banks. Hintze, John // American Banker;12/11/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 188, p2
The article discusses business development companies (BDCs) that have gone public in 2012. The article mentions BDCs' initial public offerings (IPOs) have given these investment vehicles more money to finance leveraged loans and this benefits banks and institutional investors. Topics include...