EASTERN SIERRA ARTISTS
- ROBERT BAKER, JR. Dubin, Margaret // News from Native California;Spring2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p23
Profiles Paiute Indian artist Robert Baker Jr. from Eastern Sierra in Bishop, California. Family background; Methods used in weaving; Personal interests.
- MICHAEL ROGERS. Dubin, Margaret // News from Native California;Spring2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p24
Profiles Paiute Indian artist Michael Rogers from Eastern Sierra in Bishop, California. Family background; Methods used in jewelry making; Career highlights.
- RICHARD STEWART. Dubin, Margaret // News from Native California;Spring2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p26
Profiles Owens Valley Paiute Indian artist Richard Stewart from Eastern Sierra in Bishop, California. Personal background; Techniques used in pottery making; Career highlights.
- SHARDS. Gibson, Daniel // Native Peoples Magazine;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
The article reviews several artistic exhibitions featuring artwork by Native Americans running in 2008, including the works of Norman Akers, Mario Martinez and Larry McNeil at the Tamarind Institute of Albuquerque, New Mexico; the Sealaska Heritage Institute featuring works on the Tlingit...
- Our accidental `national park'. Phillips, Jeff // Sunset;Sep94, Vol. 193 Issue 3, p80
Focuses on three recreation areas in the Eastern Sierra preserved by the Department of Water and Power's control of the Owens Valley water. Most accessible and spectacular part of the Owens River; Bishop Creek; Mammoth area; Mono Basin; Vision of biologist Phil Pister and Andrea Lawrence for...
- THE WILD WEST. Frank, Michael // Travel & Leisure;Dec2011, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p92
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience on his three-day journey with his brother, discovering the striking landscapes in Eastern Sierra in Bishop, California.
- Evolving cultures highlighted at big city festival. Methot, Suzanne // Ontario Birchbark;Sep2004, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p8
Highlights the Planet IndigenUs, a 10-day multi-disciplinary festival celebrating Indigenous artistic expression in Toronto, Ontario on August 13 to 22, 2004. Participants/Attendees; Theme; Key performers; Award recipients.
- American Indian Halls, Denver Art Museum, 100 W. 14th Avenue Parkway, Denver, CO 802204. Liu, Robert K. // Ornament;Summer90, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p21
This article reviews the art exhibition "American Indian Halls" showing at the Denver Art Museum in Denver, Colorado.
- THE EAGLE BOWL. // Lord of the Dawn;1995, p170
The article presents information on the book entitled, Beneath the Moon and Under the Sun, by Tony Shearer. The book offers a more comprehensive understanding of the Eagle Bowl. It explains the idea of the five past worlds carved on the Eagle Bowl, presents an outlook for the future of the Sixth...