ALASKA GIVES NINTH CIRCUIT THE COLD SHOULDER: CONFLICTS IN CAMPAIGN FINANCE JURISPRUDENCE
- Taking Back Democracy. Reich, Robert B. // American Prospect;12/4/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p48
Reflects on reforming campaign finance in the U.S. in 2000. Dismissal of the campaign finance reform under the administration of former president Bill Clinton; Estimated amount of money raised by both the Republican and Democratic national fundraising committees; Advantage of clean money laws...
- BIDDING FOR JUSTICE: THE INFLUENCE OF ATTORNEYS' CONTRIBUTIONS ON STATE SUPREME COURTS. Williams, Margaret S.; Ditslear, Corey A. // Justice System Journal;2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p135
A few states, including Wisconsin, attempted to curb the influence of money and politics on judicial decisions by including nonpartisan elections and public financing of campaigns in their system of judicial selection. Despite these reforms, we posit a relationship between the campaign...
- UNREPRESENTATIVE INFORMATION. Ansolabehere, Stephen; Snowberg, Erlk C.; Snyder Jr., James M. // Public Opinion Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p213
This article examines evidence of sampling or statistical bias in newspaper reporting on campaign finance. We compile all stories from the five largest circulation newspapers in the United States that mention a dollar amount for campaign expenditures, contributions, or receipts from 1996 to...
- Does the Fed Contribute to a Political Business Cycle? Abrams, Burton; Iossifov, Plamen // Public Choice;Dec2006, Vol. 129 Issue 3/4, p249
In contrast to findings of other studies, evidence is presented to support the existence of a Federal Reserve-induced political monetary cycle that corresponds to the U.S. presidential election cycle. Using various Taylor rules, we find support for the view that Fed policy turns significantly...
- Citizens Must Unite to End Citizens United. Kalet, Hank // Progressive Populist;8/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p11
The author talks about public financing of political campaigns and elections in the U.S.
- Tipsheets. // IRE Journal;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p28
Presents various resources about campaign finance in the U.S. "Election Year Investigations: Following the Money and Influence," by Ken McCall; "Campaign and Politics: Donors, Expenditures and Lobbyists," by Dave Gulliver; "Covering Campaign Finance and Money in Politics," by James Grimaldi.
- THE ROLE OF MONEY IN DETERMINING ELECTION OUTCOMES. Silberman, Jonathan; Yochum, Gilbert // Social Science Quarterly (University of Texas Press);Mar1978, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p671
The article provides information on the role of money in determining election outcomes in the U.S. A reading of the Senate hearings on public financing of federal elections suggests that public recrimination of the election system and the resultant political activity revolve around two central...
- EDITORIAL. D'Souza, Aron Ping // Journal Jurisprudence;Dec2012, Vol. 16, p493
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses jurisprudence.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF. Howard, Robert M. // Justice System Journal;2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, preceding p245
The article discusses the reports related to justice system published within the issue, including the review on the book about the dilemma and argument of justice system; the examination on a thesis on equality before the law; and, the exploration on the various justices' papers.