- Leapin' Olympians. Lobell, Jarrett A. // Archaeology;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on hand-held weights called halteres found in many Greek vases, which were used by ancient athletes to increase their jump, according to sports scientists at Manchester Metropolitan University in England. Method used to analyze the weights.
- Making a Greek vase. Temko, Florence // Calliope;Nov97, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p30
Presents information on Greek vases with emphasis on how they are made. Background information on Greek vases; Instructions for making a vase.
- Attic black-figure amphora of the Leagros Group. // Art + Auction;Sep2010, Vol. 34 Issue 1, preceding p14
An image of an Attic black-figure amphora of the Leagros Group is presented.
- GREEK VASES (Book review). Abbott, Charlotte; Gold, Sarah F.; Rotella, Mark // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 22, p59
Reviews the book `Greek Vases: The Athenians and Their Images,' by Francois Lissarrague.
- A dish from antiquity. Tanaka, Beatrice // Cricket;Jan1999, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p26
Presents information on how to make Greek ceramics painting. Materials; Methods.
- Pots vs. vases. Vitelli, Karen D. // Antiquity;Jun92, Vol. 66 Issue 251, p550
Reviews the following two books: `Approaches to Archaeological Ceramics' by Carla M. Sinopoli and `Looking at Greek Vases' edited by Tom Rasmussen and Nigel Spivey.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY AND ABBREVIATIONS. // Athenian Agora;2009, Vol. 34, preceding p2
A bibliography on the subject of ancient vessels and artifacts is presented which includes the book "The Athenian Asklepieion: The People, Their Dedications, and the Inventories," by S. B. Aleshire, and the articles "Early Glass Vessels of China," by J. An and "Venetian Glass Pilgrim Vessels...
- POTS OF SILVER? Vickers, Michael // History Today;Feb2002, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p29
Considers the original value of Greek ceramics. Traditional attitude towards Greek vases; Information on libation bowl from Duvanli; Use of most of the pottery.
- Greek vases in new contexts: the collecting and trading of Greek vases--an aspect of the modern reception of antiquity (Book). Kurtz, Donna // Antiquity;Sep2003, Vol. 77 Issue 297, p642
Reviews the book "Greek Vases in New Contexts: The Collecting and Trading of Greek Vases--An Aspect of the Modern Reception of Antiquity," by Vinnie Nørskov.