MBIA Announces 7% Drop in Net Income Last Quarter
- MBIA's Strong Earnings Driven by Expansion Overseas. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p3
Reports on the financial performance of MBIA Inc. for the second quarter of 2001. Total par value on insured deals; Expansion of the company into non-United States markets.
- Mbia shows increase for fourth quarter. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p30
Reports on the growth of MBIA Inc.'s net income for the fourth quarter of 1998. Factors contributing to the income growth; Core diluted earnings; Performance of the company's municipal and financial services operations.
- MBIA reports earnings up. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p2
Reports on the financial results of Armonk, New York-based MBIA Inc., the holding company for MBIA Insurance Corp., in the first nine months of 2002.
- Bond Insurers: MBIA Nets $156 Million in Fourth Quarter, Up 15% Over 2000. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p31
Reports on an increase in net income of bond insurer company MBIA Inc. during the fourth quarter of the year 2001. Total amount of income by the company in the duration; Percentage increase in the income of the company compared to the fourth quarter of 2001; Insurance income for the company...
- MBIA's Losses Overseas Diminish Net Income Increase. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p5
Reports the increasing net income of bond insurer MBIA Inc. in New York. Adjustment of direct premiums in the global finance business; Growth of the domestic public finance; Consistency of the business activity.
- Elliot Retires As Chairman Of MBIA. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/31/99, Vol. 103 Issue 22, p12
Focuses on MBIA Inc., the holding company for MBIA Insurance Corp. Retirement of David Elliot as chairman; Identification of the person who will replace Elliot; One-time pre-tax reverse charge that the company took; Increase in the loss reverse factors of the company; Net income in the first...
- MBIA Reports 67% Growth in Earnings Per Share in 2000. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p7
Reports on the growth of MBIA Inc.'s earnings per share in 2000. Gains in MBIA's structured and international finance business in the United States; Adjusted gross premiums in MBIA's public finance business.
- MBIA Reports 15% Growth in Net Income for First Half. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p44
Reports the net income growth of MBIA Inc. in the first six months of 2002 in the U.S. Stability of the second-quarter net income; Decrease in the adjusted direct premiums in the global public finance business; Consistency of the first-half reported numbers with long-term profitability.
- Tax-lien charge hits MBIA profits. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p7
Reports on MBIA Inc.'s $102 million pre-tax charge against its 1999 second quarter earnings. Investment of the company in Capital Asset Holdings.