N.Y.C. Would Sell Lease, GO Debt For Nets Arena, Not TIF Bonds
- San Antonio Readies $411M of New-Money, Refunding Bonds(95%). Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p56
Reports on the offering of bond package to refund old debt and for citywide capital improvement in San Antonio, Texas. Total amount of the bond package; Schedule for the pricing of the bonds; Ratings of the city's debt from Standard & Poor's.
- San Jose Redevelopment Debt at Risk. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;6/5/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33725, p1
The article reports that confusion over the law ending redevelopment agencies in California has increased the specter of defaults on San Jose redevelopment debt. It is stated that city officials squabble with Santa Clara County officials over tax revenue. According to a city staff report, the...
- Legal Victory for Memphis Arena Sets Stage for Pre-Spring Bond Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p40
Reports on refusal of appeal for issuance of revenue bonds for building a multi-million dollar basketball arena in Memphis, Tennessee. Issuance of debts through Shelby County Sports Authority; Expected interest rates for the issued bonds; Companies that will serve as bond counsel.
- MISSOURI: TIF Debt for Buffer Zone. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p35
The article reports on the authorization given by the St. Louis County, Missouri concerning the sale of $57.5 million tax increment financing bonds and notes to finance the 654-acre noise buffer zone east of Lambert Field. It has planned to issue $14.75 million of bonds and $42.75 million of...
- Cities Would Lose Some Luster Without Redevelopment Agencies. Tiersten, Sylvia // San Diego Business Journal;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p13
The article discusses the importance of redevelopment agencies in San Diego, California. It states that redevelopment agencies can economically and socially regenerate affected areas. The redevelopment agencies can sell bonds that helps finance improvements and use the increased property tax to...
- San Diego Redevelopment Agency's $109M Deal Stands on Its Own. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32397, p6
The article reports on the $109 million bond issue which the San Diego redevelopment agency in San Diego, California is looking into despite the investigations due to the city's bond disclosure practices and have effectively removed the city from public debt markets. The agency will sell...
- MISSISSIPPI: Jail Bond Causes Stir. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/23/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32988, p9
The article reports on the plan of Jackson County, Mississippi to seek voter approval to issue $22 million on general obligation (GO) bonds for a new jail. However, the opponents disagree about the location of the new jail, which is in the prominent area of the city. It states that the new jail...
- Westminster, Calif. TABs Upgraded. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;8/19/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34363, p1
Moody's Investors Service boosted by four notches to A2 $97.4 million in tax allocation bond debt managed by the successor agency to Westminster, Calif.'s redevelopment agency.
- Bridgeport Boosted. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p36
Reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has upgraded the outstanding general obligation bonds of Bridgeport, Connecticut to A-minus from BBB-plus with a stable outlook. Attribution of the upgrade to positive signs of redevelopment in the city; Expectation of the rating agency that...