Warning on sales cost of C-charge
- A Statistical Exploration of Some Factors Responsible for Decline of the Central Business District. Kottis, George C.; Kottis, Athena // Land Economics;May72, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p169
In the last several decades there has been a continuous and often rapid decline of the central business district (CBD) in most cities in the U.S. This decline is related to the general weakening if the central city caused by the increasing suburbanization of urban populations. The CBD is the...
- Centrality of Downtown in Small Communities: A Case Study of Selected Counties in Pennsylvania. Hossain, Zakir // Sociological Viewpoints;Fall1997, Vol. 13, p32
This article presents a case analysis of eight communities from thirty counties in Pennsylvania. It attempts to explore the phenomenon of "community lost" in the communities as a result of downtown desertion. Downtown is central to the identity of a community. It is the social, economic,...
- Survey says ratepayers support BID. Harrell, Lisa // Journal of Business (10756124);09/14/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 19, pA8
Reports that the Downtown Spokane Partnership's Business Improvement District has received high ratings from city-core businesses and property owners in an annual survey. Respondents' perceived success of downtown Spokane; Least effective project identified by the survey respondents.
- Revitalizing `Ghost Town' Downtowns. Vermylen, Sarah M. // World & I;Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p66
Details the revitalization of downtown areas across the United States. Standards for the revitalization of American downtowns; Criticisms against the revitalization efforts; Approach of several states.
- Multilevel Man. // Time;10/19/1970, Vol. 96 Issue 16, p68
The article focuses on the style of urban planning used by planner Vincent Ponte who concentrates more on small and concentrated downtown areas of cities. It discusses his focus on targeting traffic congestion by separating different segments of traffic by designing truck ramps and underground...
- Semiparametric Estimation of Land Price Gradients Using Large Data Sets. Bryan, Kevin A.; Sarte, Pierre-Daniel G. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Winter2009, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p53
The article focuses on the impact of utilizing parametric methods in estimating the price of land, including the areas at a central business district (CBD) in 2009. It states that the valuation of land is highest when it is located in the center of a city because the cost of commuting is at its...
- OTHER VOICES: Downtown Detroit needs more retail. Boyle, Robin; Bieri, James // Crain's Detroit Business;3/10/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p9
The article discusses the lack of retail business in downtown Detroit, Michigan. Various achievements in Detroit have yet to build the critical mass of ground-floor retail, which could provide downtown with equal parts economic contribution and social glue. There is a need to be proactive in...
- Retail growth should lead revitalization downtown. Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the revitalization of the downtown area of New Orleans, Louisiana. Effort of retailers to help municipalities revamp downtown district; Plan of the Downtown Development District on the revival of downtown; Percentage of customers at The Shop at Canal Place are tourists. INSET: Canal...
- The Crown Jewel of New Mexico's Downtown Revitalization Efforts, Albuquerque Comes Alive Past Nine to Five. Knight, Julia // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, pABQ-5
Presents information on the redevelopment of downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico as of July 2002. Restaurants and entertainment venues; Retail trade; Information on the plan of the Downtown Action Team for downtown Albuquerque.