- Shipments up, not profits. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;7/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p50
Reports that growth in shipments helped U.S. residential furniture factories last year, but profit margins remained similar to their 2003 levels. Report from BDO Seidman; Gross profit margins as percentage of sales for 2004 and 2003; Slight decline in operating profit, or gross profit less...
- Jennifer 3Q net income up 7% despite 8.6% drop in revenues. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p50
Reports that furniture retailer Jennifer Convertibles posted a gain in net income in its third quarter, boosted by a $2 million collection of receivables, but sales fell, hit by price deflation and weakened demand. Net income in the quarter ended May 28; Earnings boosted by collection of...
- The 2009 Report on Manufacturing Plastics, Reed, Rattan, Wicker, and Fiberglass Household Furniture Excluding Wood and Metal Furniture: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Philip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/11/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for manufacturing plastics, reed, rattan, wicker and fiberglass household furniture for the year 2009 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE)...
- Furniture failures down. // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2008, Issue 5583, p42
The article reports on the business failure in Great Britain's furniture and upholstery industry in the first quarter of 1983. Credit insurance underwriters Trade Indemnity PLC stresses that the number of failures in January to March 1982 increased by 28% compared with 1982. Trade Indemnity also...
- Home sales pick up despite below-par May. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;6/17/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p32
Reports the declining sales at the retail sector in the U.S. Percentages of sales drop in the clothing industry; Sales performance of home-related merchandise; Growth in the sales of furniture and home furnishing stores.
- Amisco 1Q sales dip 2.6%, earnings up 4.3%. // Furniture/Today;4/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p111
Reports on increase in sales of L'Islet, Quebec-based metal furniture maker Amisco Industries in the first quarter which ended on February 28, 2004. Total sales during period; Net earnings; Gross profits.
- New furniture range from James Richardson. // Australian Hotelier;Apr2006, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p32
The article reports that furniture company James Richardson have signed a contract with European design house Tonster to distribute classis European furniture in Australia. The furnitre collection of Tonster offered
- ITMA: More than Showtime's sponsor. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;1/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
Details the semiannual Showtime trade shows of the furniture industry in the U.S. in January and July 2004. Number of members; Organizers; Themes of the events.
- Do you have retail finance? // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p22
Explains the concept of retail finance for the furniture industry. Use as an additional source of revenue; Use as a selling tool; Conditions when retail finance is not advisable; Strategy of looking at different ways to use retail finance to generate revenue; Contacting retail finance companies...