- International movement of goods and documentation. Islam, Mazharul // Economic Review (05318955);Oct98, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p44
Describes the documentation and transportation of import products in Pakistan. Role of freight forwarder in shipping goods by sea; Bill of lading for maritime transportation; Basic information requirements of air way-bills; Main information elements for goods using road travel; Railroad...
- Socially Responsible Distribution: Distribution Strategies for Reaching the Bottom of the Pyramid. Vachani, Sushil; Smith, N. Craig // INSEAD Working Papers Collection;2008, Issue 21, p1
While management scholars and development economists have provided a compelling case for greater attention to the bottom of the pyramid, few contributions have examined specific strategies for reaching the bottom of the pyramid. The majority comprising the bottom of the pyramid resides in...
- We deliver on time – That's guaranteed. // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Apr2005, Vol. 47 Issue 4, BELLMER INFO 52 p4
Focuses on developments in Bellmer. Delivery performance; Outcomes of ISO 9001 audit; Services offered by the company.
- Physical Distribution Development, Current Status, and Potential. Bowersox, Donald J. // Journal of Marketing;Jan1969, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p63
Physical distribution, one of the oldest facets of commercial enterprise, has historically been one of the most neglected of business subjects. A flurry of attention has focused upon the concept of integrated physical distribution since the mid-1950s. In this article the where been, where now,...
- FBI loses $22.9M in quarter. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;2/18/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p1
The article informs that the sales of U.S.-based Furniture Brands International Inc. has increased by 3.3 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012 but the net loss of 22.9 million dolllars.
- Canadian Tobacco Firm Plans To Start DSD. // Food Logistics;6/15/2006, Issue 87, p8
The article reports on the plan by Imperial Tobacco Canada (ITC) Ltd. to offer direct-to-store delivery of its products throughout Canada. According to the National Convenience Store Distributor Association, the ITC plan will likely jeopardize several small and medium-sized businesses that...
- Better distribution through technology. Harvey, Joseph // Beverage World;08/15/2000, Vol. 119 Issue 1693, p54
Focuses on the importance of technology in several areas of distribution or material handling process that generate excess man hours in both physical labor and administrative support. Challenges posed by pre-distribution planning; Information on routing and scheduling; Details on some delivery...
- Cultural Record Keepers. Nix, Larry T. // Libraries & the Cultural Record;2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p452
The article provides information on the home delivery service offered by the Mercantile Library in New York. The establishment of the home delivery service was a business decision based on both economics and service to library members. It came about as the result of the failure of the library's...
- Letters. // Cabinet Maker;10/24/2003, Issue 5361, p7
Presents a letter to the editor on direct home delivery and delivery lead times of commercial goods in Great Britain.