New look for Co-op stores to boost profits
- BJ's eyes drug chains' market share. // Drug Store News;3/22/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the marketing strategy of BJ's Wholesale Club Inc. to gain market share. Expansion plans of the company; Investment in drug chains; Competitive advantage with its new investment; Financial performance.
- Duane Reade rolls out pharmacy, photo kiosks. Prior, Molly // Drug Store News;3/22/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the investment of Duane Reade Inc. with technology-driven programs to drive long-term growth in New York. Significant investments that improve the company's business and maintain its leadership position in the metro New York market; Reasons why the company stayed with the chain in...
- Co-op to expand premium range. // Marketing (00253650);4/30/2008, p3
The article reports on the plan of Co-operative Group to expand its premium brand Truly Irresistible as part of an effort to rival Tesco's Finest and Sainsbury's Taste the Difference. It aims to launch 26 products across the fresh food, grocery, soft-drink and frozen-food sectors by June, 2008....
- Taking it on the chintz. // Brand Strategy;May2008, Issue 222, p12
The article focuses on the expansion plan and marketing strategies of furniture firm Ikea AB. According to Anders Dahlvig, chief executive of the company, the downturn in the housing market has hit flatpack furniture sales in the U.S., Great Britain, and Germany. The company's strategy of...
- Prices, promotions & pollution, oh my. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;4/28/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p21
The author comments on the High Point Market exhibition. She thinks that the clearance of furniture from warehouses will have an impact on pricing next season. Competition becomes stiff as a growing number of furniture retailers are offering more promos on extended terms and lower price points...
- Full room groupings have been around awhile. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;3/14/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p64
Focuses on the popularity of offering full room groupings in the furniture industry. Number of stores which adopted the room package concept; Aim of the concept to increase the sales of companies; Advantages of the offer to consumers.
- New Kemp company BK has Indonesia links. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;6/11/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p4
The article reports on the company expansion of Kemp Enterprises to Indonesia. According to reports, as parts of its marketing strategy to move some of its production out of China, Kemp formed the BK Home Furniture in Indonesia. BK Home will market a new line of wood bedroom, dining room and...
- Co-op plans customer-led overhaul of brand strategy. // Marketing Week;10/6/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p4
The article reports on the plan of retailer Co-operative Group Ltd. to redevelop its marketing and brand strategy across its business groups through an extensive consumer insight research in Great Britain.
- Moving Beyond Home. Dégraff, Loraine R. // Complete Guide to Growing & Using Wheatgrass: Everything You Nee;2009, p287
The article discusses how to make a move towards an effective marketing strategy beyond home-based business. These involve the creation of an addendum, advertising and sales promotion. It also notes the significance of marketing in the establishment of business and operation along with its vital...