Founder back in control at DP Furniture Express
- Credit card setback. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article focuses on the failure of John Marshall, former chairman of DP Furniture Express, to secure a deal for a credit card provider. It is a great setback for Marshall. He wanted to reconstruct a furniture chain following the administration of DP Furniture Express. He expected to establish...
- Marshall to switch DP to the franchise route. // Cabinet Maker;9/24/2004, Issue 5407, p3
Reports that John Marshall, chairman of DP Furniture, is franchising more than 90 percent of its stores to increase the motivation of managers to compete in the market.
- Gateshead store dares to be different. // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2005, Issue 5454, p5
Reports on the new opening of a distribution center for DP Furniture Express in Gateshead, England. Features of the new store; Statement of company chairman John Marshall on the significance of the new establishment for DP's centrally-owned shops; Coverage of the Gateshead distribution center.
- 'I refuse to be a victim'. Marshall, John // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p8
The article presents the views of John Marshall, founder of DP Furniture Express, on the company's problems and the latest developments regarding management buyouts. He the company from a used furniture store into Great Britain's 10th biggest furniture retailer. The company had to go into...
- Furniture Express answer back. Hood, John; McQueen, Colin; Duncan, Paul; Jackson, Mark // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p8
The article provides some insights into the business losses experienced by DP Furniture Express in Great Britain citing the responses to criticisms made by Chairman John Marshall. Marshall exerted all his efforts to initiate a turnaround strategy for the company citing the appointment of...
- Kresge Foundation CEO plans to retire in June of 2006. Begin, Sherri // Crain's Detroit Business;6/6/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p2
The article reports that Kresge Foundation Inc. President and CEO John Marshall plans to retire in June of 2006 after 26 years with the Troy, Michigan-based nonprofit. Spencer Stuart, a global executive-search firm, is conducting the search for his successor. CEO John Marshall joined the...
- Grabbing a piece of the action. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p9
The article presents discussion on new developments in home furnishing industry. Five of biggest franchisees of DP Furniture Express, a furniture company, have opted to go it alone. Company's chief executive officer John Marshall's plans, made public in September 2004, to franchise 90% of his...
- Millionaire action man. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p37
Profiles businessman John Marshall of Durnham Pine in Great Britain. Contributions to the furniture industry; Advice for incoming furniture industry businessmen; Gratefulness to a man called Goodwin.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;12/20/2002, Issue 5318, p29
Reports developments and events in the furnishing industry in Great Britain as of December 2002. Recognition of La Galleria store; Details on the Grand Centenary draw of the Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association; Retirement of John Marshall as agent at Quitmann's Agency.