The CD-R index
- ALWAYS USE PROTECTION. Llewellyn, Rachel // Curve;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p59
Describes d-kin, a gadget for protecting compact discs. Product features; Key specifications; Price; Contact information.
- A.M. report. // Telephony;9/23/96, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p10
Reports on Apple Computer Inc. and Sun Microsystems' long-term relationship to develop interoperability between their product lines.
- Apple, Sun, IBM close ranks against Wintel. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Oct96, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p45
Reports that Apple Computer and Sun Microsystems have announced a joint development agreement to integrate the companies' clients, servers, networking technologies, and multimedia tools. Terms of the agreement; Plans of the companies to offer an alternative to the Wintel platform.
- Apple of Sun's eye. Alsop, Stewart // Time International (South Pacific Edition);02/05/96, Issue 6, p46
Discusses the possible merger between Apple Computers and Sun Microsystems. Information on the amount which Sun is offering; Details on Apple when it was a major technology company; What contributed to Apple's lost of competitiveness; Background information on Apple. INSET: What does this mean...
- Apple, Sun still jockeying. Bowen, Ted Smalley; Cooper, Charles // PC Week;1/29/96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the delayed merger of Sun Microsystems Inc. and Apple Computer Inc. Rejection of Apple of share price proposal by Sun; Evaluation of company strengths and assets; Speculation regarding retained technologies upon merger.
- Sun, Apple said near agreement. // Electronic News;1/29/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2101, p4
Reports possible purchase bids from Sun Microsystems and others for Apple Computer. Waiting for the stock market to close before making a corporate announcement.
- Vendors ally against Wintel. Quinlan, Tom // InfoWorld;9/23/96, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p25
Reports on the decision of Apple Computer Inc. and Sun Microsystems Inc. to integrate their clients, servers and Internet/intranet-related technologies to compete with Wintel. Provision of the most popular platforms for accessing the Internet; Development of cross-platform support for OpenDoc...
- CD players. // What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision;Mar2012, p97
A table is presented of several compact disc (CD) players including ArcamrDAC, Beresford Caiman, and Cambridge Audio Azur 350C, along with the critics' scores for each.
- Industry weighs in on Sun-Apple deal. Parsons, Michael // InfoWorld;1/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
Reports on industry speculations concerning the planned merger between Sun Microsystems Inc. and Apple Computer Inc. Obstacles to the completion of the deal; Speculations on the odds and merits of the deal; Combination of the Macintosh interface with Sun's Solaris.