The CD-ROM drive index
- Pieces of eight (X). Thompson, Brad // CD-ROM Professional;Jan1996, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on 8X CD-ROM drives. OTI-910 of Oak Technology Incorporated; Tasks of OTI-910; Observations of Dennis Van Dalsen, director of marketing for Optical Storage; Relevant details.
- CD-ROM to Go. Rudich, Joe // Link-Up;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p27
Describes several external compact discs-ROM drives offered by computer companies in the United States. Backpack Bantam from Micro Solutions Inc.; CDPS-PX20 from I-O Data Device Inc.; PocketCD98 from Addonics.
- TXM-3401E CD ROM. Louderback, Jim // PC Week;2/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p73
Reports on test results on Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.'s TXM-3401E multispeed external CD ROM drive. Speed; Connection with different computers; Price.
- Multiread: A bridge over troubled formats? Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p92
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the generation of Compact Disc-Recordable (CD-R) drives which will make CD-R discs readable on Digital Video Disc (DVD) drive. Problems and limitations of CD-R in reading DVD; Implication of Multiread as a solution to the problem of CD-R.
- Panasonic to market with 24X drive. // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p21
Reports that Panasonic Computer Peripheral Co. (PCPC) has announced a line of desktop Compact Disc-Read Only Memory (CD-ROM) drives with partial-constant angular velocity (CAV) 24X transfer rates. Installation of CD-ROM drives; Capabilities and features of the CD-ROM drives; Drive's transfer...
- Apple's cheaper CD-ROM drive. Moran, Tom // Macworld;Jun94, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p37
Reports on Apple Computer's unveiling of the AppleCD 300e Plus external CD-ROM drive and the 300i Plus internal CD-ROM drive. Apple's claim that the product is as fast as the 300e and 300i models; Offer of a motorized loading tray and a lower direct price.
- USB CD-RW Drive: Instant Plug-In Convenience. Jacobi, Jon L. // PC World;Jul99, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p96
Evaluates the LaCie CDRW 226 CD-Rewritable drive. Ease of installation; Slow reading performance; Value; List price; Contact point.
- The spin on CD-ROM drives. Schechter, Joanne // Computer Graphics World;Sep95, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p23
Focuses on the growing popularity of CD-ROM drives. Advantages offered by CD-ROMs; Graphic-intensive applications; Decrease in CPU time needed to run titles; Need to determine the appropriate interface.
- Jukeboxes and changers--ever more. // CD-ROM Professional;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p24
Features several CD-ROM jukeboxes and changers from several manufacturers in the United States. Boffin JB321; Boffin JB749; CMS Interact-4.