Fairchild unveils CD-R production line
- Fairchild launches new CD and CD-R production systems. // EMedia Professional;Sep97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p27
Launches compact disc (CD) production systems from Fairchild Technologies, the Convac CD 3600 and CD-R 10X. Descriptions and features of the systems; Number to contact Fairchild Technologies.
- National, LG, Hyundai order Fairchild systems. // Electronic News (10616624);7/08/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2124, p88
Reports that Fairchild Technologies announced three multi-million orders from leading chip manufacturers. Purchase terms.
- Fairchild Corp. to divest semiconductor, CD units. McGrath, Dylan // Electronic News;05/18/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2219, p6
Details the plan of Fairchild Corp. to sell its semiconductor and recordable compact disc capital equipment subsidiary, Fairchild Technologies (FT). Reduction of the production capacity and decrease employment at FT in March 1998; Search for synergistic merger opportunities to Fairchild...
- International Helix, Inc. to produce CD-R media at... // EMedia Professional;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p29
Presents information on the multiple-system order placed by International Helix for compact disc-recordable (CD-R) products of Fairchild Technologies. Information on the system; Reason for the purchase according to Carl Rodia, chairman of International Helix.
- Convac To ACQUIRE Fairchild Technologies' Optical Disc Equipment Group. // EMedia;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p16
Reports that Convac Technologies, Ltd. will acquire the Optical Disc Equipment Group of Fairchild Technologies.
- The Future Is Now. Leeds, Matthew // Teaching Pre K-8;Oct89, Vol. 20 Issue 2, Computer Software p11
Provides a brief look at computer technology in the classroom, its current status, and where it is going. Interactive applications in which videotape and videodisc-based images are part of; Drastic decline in the cost of an interactive media system; Compact Disc-Interactive machines, which are...
- PLANET goes live at the touch of button. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;1/14/2005, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the interactive compact disc Planning Land Application of Nutrients for Efficiency and Environment (PLANET) launched by the British Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and the Environment Agency in 2005. Significance of PLANET to nutrient management and record keeping...
- The need for speed. Baxter, Bernard // Works Management;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the collaboration of the manufacturing supply network. Response to customer demand and delivery; Consideration of risk of diluting intellectual property; Investment in appropriate tools.
- Reconfigurable modules add flexibility to cells. // American Machinist;Aug2000, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p354
Focuses on reconfigurable modules in flexible manufacturing cell design. Tailoring a single machine to tackle specialized applications across a broad range of variables; Cost advantage over traditional custom machining solutions; Reconfigurable slide.