HyCD heightens next-generation Cirrus codecs
- Cirrus unveils SOC for precision measurement applications. // Electro Manufacturing;Dec99, p2
Reports on Cirrus Logic Inc.'s unveiling of the Crystal CS553x family of precision measurement system-on-chip solutions. Incorporation of the Crystal Streamlining of precision data acquisition system design; Elimination of low-frequency 1/f noise; Pricing, packaging and availability.
- Cirrus Logic's Chip Enables Sony CD-RW Drive Achieve Top Speed. // CD Computing News;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p2
Reports that the advanced encoder/decoder chip CR3470 from Cirrus Logic Inc. has been designed into the Spressa CD-RW drives from Sony Electronics.
- Speedy Cirrus encoder chips support CD-R and CD-E. // CD-ROM Professional;Nov96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p26
Introduces Cirrus Logic Inc.'s high-speed encoder/decoder chips for CD-ROM. CL-CD3560's single-ended SCSI interface; CL-CR3460's support for recording speeds up to 8X; Features of the integrated single-chip solutions; Pricing.
- Cirrus Logic homes in on video applications. // Electronic News (10616624);11/04/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2141, p22
Reports on Cirrus Logic Inc.'s VisualMedia Accelerator integrated circuit. Specifications; Capabilities; Retail price.
- Cirrus expands CD-ROM chip range. MacLellan, Andrew // Electronic News (10616624);9/09/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2133, p16
Reports on Cirrus Logic's plan to introduce its CD-ROM encoder/decoder CL-CR3560 and CL-CR3460 integrated circuits with one-time recordable capability. Market projections; Company's optimism regarding its CD-recordable technology.
- Audio integration giveth and taketh away. Dipert, Brian // EDN;09/28/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p22
Introduces the CS4201 chip for audio integration from Cirrus Logic Inc. Inclusion of a microphone preamp with gain programmable in the chip; Provision of a separate line output by the CS4201; Functionality of the chip's internal PLL; Integration of a differential compact disc-audio connection in...
- CIRRUS LOGIC SHIPS MORE THAN ONE MILLION DV PROCESSORS. // CD Computing News;Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the number of video decoder integrated circuits shipped by Austin, Texas-based Cirrus Logic in less than six months' time.
- Energy-measurement IC eases utility meters' transition to smart grid. Schweber, Bill // EDN;3/1/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p17
The article previews the CS548x/9x family of metering-integrated circuits from Cirrus Logic.
- Audio chips emerge for PC'98. // Electronic News;12/22/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2199, p46
Introduces Cirrus Logic's CS4239, an electronic chip designed for portable personal computer audio systems. Design specification; Capabilities and limitations; Potential applications.