Syncronys Softcorp's CD acceleration software
- More hard times for SoftRAM95. G.M.; Ross, Randy // PC World;Mar96, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p47
Reports that Syncronys Softcorp has recalled SoftRAM 95 software from retail shelves. Consumer fraud allegations against the company.
- SoftRAM utility draws complaints from users. Leach, Norvin // PC Week;11/13/95, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p215
Focuses on customers' dissatisfaction and skepticism over Syncronys Softcorp.'s SoftRAM memory-management utility. Features; Applications; Performance.
- Syncronys, facing FTC, recalls SoftRAM 95. Leach, Norvin; Cooper, Charles // PC Week;12/25/95, Vol. 12 Issue 51, p6
Reports that Syncronys Softcorp recalled its buggy SoftRAM 95 software. Failure of the company's plan to relabel all the packages; Lawsuits and consumer criticism concerning the software.
- SoftRAM claims are refuted by software industry experts. Livingston, Brian // InfoWorld;11/27/95, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p34
Comments on the criticism that Syncronys Softcorp. has been getting following the launch of its SoftRAM software product. Allegations that product does not compress memory at all; Defense of Syncronys' claims of improvement in performance and memory under Windows 3.1; Study of SoftRam performed...
- How weak apps get prime shelf space in software stores. Livingston, Brian // InfoWorld;12/4/95, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p36
Reports on Syncronys Softcorp's SoftRAM, a computer software that was well advertised in the market but failed in expectations. Studies that showed SoftRAM's failure to increase the speed in Windows and achieve random-access-memory compression as advertised; Role of market development funds in...
- Placebo factor takes hold in software arena. Singh, Jai // InfoWorld;12/25/95 - 1/1/96, Vol. 17 Issue 52/1, p3
Reports on Syncronys Softcorp's recall of its SoftRAM 95 product. Company's marketing claims for its product; Reasons for the company's decision to recall the product; Federal Trade Commission's inquiry concerning the product.
- Syncronys recalls controversial SoftRAM 95. Pontin, Jason // InfoWorld;12/25/95 - 1/1/96, Vol. 17 Issue 52/1, p8
Reports on Syncronys Softcorp's recall of its SoftRAM 95 memory compression software. Company's marketing claims concerning its product; Reasons for the company's decision to recall the software; Industry observers' comments.
- MagnaRAM 2 gives a boost, but SoftRAM stumbles. Peschel, Joe // InfoWorld;11/27/95, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p132
Evaluates Quarterdeck Corp.'s MagnaRAM Version 2 and Syncronys Softcorp's SoftRAM 95 Version 2.0 computer softwares. MagnaRAM's capability to stretch memory and speed up Windows 95; Execution of creative system resource reporting by SoftRAM.
- News briefs: Application development & system software. Baron, Talila; Leach, Norvin // PC Week;12/18/95, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p25
Presents news from the computer industry. Updating of SoftBench by Hewlett-Packard Company; Shipment of ERwin/ERX Version 2.5 by Logic Works Incorporated; Advertising by Syncronys Softcorp of its SoftRAM memory utility; More.