First dual-laser DVD-ROM drive
- DVD-RAM debuts with Hitachi release: PD goes large. // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p23
Reports that Hitachi America Ltd. has released the first rewritable high-density drives that read, write and rewrite discs according to the Digital Video Disc-Remote Access Modem (DVD-RAM) format announced in April 1997 by the DVD Forum. Three-member Hitachi GF-1000 family; Capabilities of all...
- High-speed SGRAM chip ready for Hitachi rollout. // Electronic News;04/07/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2162, p26
Reports on the launching of Hitachi America's synchronous graphics RAM (SGRAM) device called HM5283206-8. Chip performance and capability; Low-voltage transistor-transistor logic (LVITL) interface; Support for the JEDEC-standard by S3, ATI Technologies and Sierra Semiconductor.
- Hitachi controller has on-chip flash. // Electronic News;6/20/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2019, p12
Reports on Hitachi America's sampling of its second-generation H8/3XXX Integrated Keyboard and Power Management (IKAP) line of controllers for portable personal computers. Computer systems companies using first generation IKAP controller; Aim of providing a way of upgrading keyboard basic...
- Low-cost, large screens. T.M.; Moran, Tom // Macworld;Oct94, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p37
Introduces Hitachi America's Accuvue Galaxy GX-20 and GX-21 high-resolution, multisyncing monitors. Capabilities; Specifications; Support and compatibility; Pricing; Availability; Contact information.
- Hitachi StudioPad. Martinez, Carlos Domingo // Macworld;Apr96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p70
Reviews the Hitachi StudioPad, which offers an alternative to writing on pressure-sensitive graphics tablets which may take up too much desk space. Features including a cordless pressure-sensitive stylus and 15 user-programmable buttons above its work area; Installation; Size and weight of pen;...
- Memory chip streamlines low-cost adapters. Bursky, Dave // Electronic Design;5/15/95, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p167
Presents the 100-MHz 8-Mbit synchronous graphics DRAM (SGRAM) called the HM5283206 from Hitachi Co. Ltd.'s Semiconductor and IC division. Speed grades; Bandwidth; Memory; Application; System performance; Spricing and availability; Contact information.
- Hitachi announces 17-inch display. Crothers, Brooke // InfoWorld;1/16/95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p38
Reports on Hitachi America Ltd.'s GX-17L computer monitor. Features; Applications and uses.
- Hitachi adds to storage system line. Lapolla, Stephanie // PC Week;10/23/95, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p49
Informs of the new storage devices into the midrange and into client/server PC LANs from Hitachi Data Systems Corporation. Description of the product, pricing and features of HiLANder and HDS 5700 Midrange Disk Series.
- Hitachi America announces fast CD-ROM drive. // Computers in Libraries;Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p56
States that Hitachi America has announced its CDR-8430, a CD-ROM drive that uses Constant Angular Velocity (CAV) technology. Features; Company contact information.