CD-ROM jukeboxes proliferate
- The week. Strauss, Bob // Entertainment Weekly;07/19/96, Issue 336, p78
Reviews various multimedia resources the week of July 19, 1996. The CD-ROM computer software `Philip Marlowe Private Eye,' `Anime Hyperguide: Project A-Ko' and `Understanding McLuhan'; `PopcornQ' Website. INSET: Comedy Central's net parody, by Erin Richter.
- Database & Disc Reviews. LaGuardia, Cheryl; Tallent, Ed; Meszaros, Rosemary L.; Oka, Christine K.; Huber, Chuck // Library Journal;2/1/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p127
Reviews several software and commercial Web products. America: History and Life and Historical Abstracts database; Congressional Universe database; Dictionary of Art database; Ethnic Newswatch database; National Treasures: Gems of China's Cultural Relics CD-ROM; Topo! Interactive Maps on CD-ROM.
- CD-Rom Reviews. LaGuardia, Cheryl; Tallent, Ed // Library Journal;1/1/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p172
Reviews several CD-Rom programs of interest to libraries for January of 1999. Barron's Profiles of American Colleges, 1999 Edition; The Enchanted Tarot; Extreme Paintbrawl; Others; Pros and cons; Web sites; Prices.
- DATABASE&DISC REVIEWS. LaGuardia, Cheryl // Library Journal;5/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p170
Reviews several Web-based databases and CD-ROMs. Databases including African-American History and Culture: An On-Line Encyclopedia, E-Psyche, Lisa Net, Lisa Via CSA Internet Database Service, and Social Services Abstracts; CD-ROMs, including the National Park Digital Guide and the SAR...
- DATABASE & DISC REVIEWS. Tallent, Ed; Macfarlane, Carrie; LaGuardia, Cheryl; Connolly, Bruce; Kautzman, Amy M.; Larsgaard, Mary Lynette; Voogd, Jan // Library Journal;6/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 11, p112
Reviews Web-based databases and CD-ROMS. Accunet/AP Multimedia Archive; ESL Instant Immersion English; Eurock: The Golden Age; The Map; Maptech Terrain Navigator; United Nations Treaty Collection Online.
- HOW CAN I LISTEN TO MY MUSIC ON OTHER COMPUTERS? // Popular Science;Dec2007, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p126
The article provides an answer to a question about how computer users can play their music on different computers.
- Wrapping up CD-ROMs for Christmas. Belsie, Laurent; Spotts, Peter N. // Christian Science Monitor;12/12/95, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p10
Provides information about some CD-ROMs of different fields like education, and entertainment, that can be given as Christmas gifts.
- Out for review. // Technology Connection;Dec97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p34
Presents information on several educational CD-ROMs being reviewed. Includes the CD-ROM `Invention Studio'; `The Universe Beyond'; `Safety Scavenger Hunt'; `Career Discovery Encyclopedia.'
- Black holes ain't so black. Goodwin, Michael // PC World;May95, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p315
Presents a review of CD-ROMs. `A Brief History of Time'; `The Cartoon History of the Universe'; `1995 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia'; `Hardball 4'; `Wyatt Earp's Old West.'