CD-ROM drives: Faster, smaller, portable
- IR adapter unties notebooks from cables. // PC Week;6/19/95, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p41
Reports that Eiger Lab is shipping its IR Wireless Adapter, a local area network PC card that can be used with infrared-equipped portable computers on June 1995.
- JBOD USB 2.0 adapter. // Digital Content Producer;May2006, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p60
The article evaluates the JBOD USB 2.0 adapter from Addonics Technologies Inc. and offers information on features, advantages and price.
- USB Zip Drives: Not All Are Created Equal. Machrone, Bill // PC Week;07/12/99, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p55
Discusses Universal Serial Bus (USB)-connected Zip drives. Product from Addonics and Iomega; Features; The requirement of driver software for both drives; The Iomega drive being a true USB device.
- Pieces of eight (X). Thompson, Brad // CD-ROM Professional;Jan1996, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on 8X CD-ROM drives. OTI-910 of Oak Technology Incorporated; Tasks of OTI-910; Observations of Dennis Van Dalsen, director of marketing for Optical Storage; Relevant details.
- CD-ROM to Go. Rudich, Joe // Link-Up;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p27
Describes several external compact discs-ROM drives offered by computer companies in the United States. Backpack Bantam from Micro Solutions Inc.; CDPS-PX20 from I-O Data Device Inc.; PocketCD98 from Addonics.
- TXM-3401E CD ROM. Louderback, Jim // PC Week;2/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p73
Reports on test results on Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.'s TXM-3401E multispeed external CD ROM drive. Speed; Connection with different computers; Price.
- Portable 4X4 CD-ROM Changer fore Parallel Ports. // Information Today;May1996, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p43
The article reports that Addonics Technologies Inc., a member of the Acer Group Inc., has announced the latest product in its expanding line of parallel that makes it easy and inexpensive to use multiple CD-ROMs with portables and laptops. The PCD4X4 is the first multiple-drive unit that...
- Portable CD-ROM Drives Upgrade PCs to Full Multimedia. // Information Today;Feb1996, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p37
This article evaluates the two CD-ROM drives, the Addonics Portable CD with Sound (PCDS) and PCD6X, developed by Addonics Technologies Corp. PCDS is a low-cost portable 4x CD-ROM drive integrated with a Windows-compatible 16-bit stereo sound card that will add full multimedia capabilities to...
- Multiread: A bridge over troubled formats? Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p92
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the generation of Compact Disc-Recordable (CD-R) drives which will make CD-R discs readable on Digital Video Disc (DVD) drive. Problems and limitations of CD-R in reading DVD; Implication of Multiread as a solution to the problem of CD-R.