People & deals
- Bits & bytes. // Chain Store Age;Oct97, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p138
Discusses the mergers and acquisitions of several electronics and computer companies in the United States. SASI company's alliance with ERS International company; Simplex Time Recorder Company's acquisition of Information Marketing Businesses Inc.; Merger of Monarch Marking Systems company's...
- Bay buys VPN startup. Berinato, Scott // PC Week;01/19/98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the acquisition of access switch maker New Oak Communications Inc. by Bay Networks Inc. The products of New Oak; Products that Bay inherits, including the NOC 4000.
- RETAINING OEM CUSTOMERS IN TODAY'S ECONOMY. Mucha, Susan // Circuits Assembly;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p46
Provides tips on retaining original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers. Changes brought by consolidation and mergers to the industry; Challenges faced by electronic manufacturing services providers; Characteristics of an OEM customer profiles.
- Samsung extends AST offer. // Electronic News (10616624);6/5/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2068, p6
Informs that Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. announced that it has extended its cash tender offering to acquire common stock of AST Research Inc. When the tender offer will expire; Number of shares tendered as of June 1, 1995.
- Level One claims two `technology acquisitions.' Hardie, Crista // Electronic News (10616624);6/5/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2068, p8
Offers information on Level One Communications, Inc.'s acquisitions of Maker Communications, Inc. and San Francisco Telecom, Inc. (SFT) in May 1995. Maker, a developer of silicon technology, firmware and design tools for high-speed ATM networks; SFT, a developer of board-level, module and ASIC...
- NAI Technologies, DRS in merger pact. // Electronic News (10616624);6/5/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2068, p42
Informs of a merger pact between NAI Technologies of Woodbury, New York and Diagnostic/Retrieval Systems (DRS) of Parsippany, New Jersey. Financial arrangements; When the transaction will be completed; Revenues and numbers of employees at each company.
- The package. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News (10616624);6/5/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2068, p52
Offers news of acquisitions and other developments in the electronics industry. Plans by Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Solectron to purchase assets of HP's Boeblingen Printed Circuit Assembly Operation in Boeblingen, Germany; Agreements by IBM and Logitech to sell assembly assets in Brazil and...
- Canadian firms in fuzzy logic transaction. // Electronic News (10616624);6/5/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2068, p70
Informs that World Wise Technologies Inc. of Markham, Ontario acquired an equity interest in Mentalogic Systems Inc., also of Markham. Involvement of research, design, development and sale of proprietary systems incorporating fuzzy logic technology for use in embedded, industrial and process...
- Seagate/Conner merger proceeds. // Electronic News;10/9/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2086, p10
Informs that Seagate Technology Inc. and Conner Peripherals Inc. have signed a definitive agreement to combine the companies with Seagate having the option to purchase up to 15 percent of Conner in case of third-party interference. Value of the planned stock swap.