First steps to packet writing: From single-speed
- Pocket-size recorder plays music on a minidisc. Normile, D. // Popular Science;Aug91, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p64
Looks at Sony's new take-along Mini Disc music system, which combines features of compact discs and Walkman-type portable cassette machines. Development of Mini Discs; Operation; Features. INSET: Erasable discs revisited, by J. Free..
- The growth of compact-disc players. // Newsweek;4/15/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p82
When compact-disc players hit the American market two years ago, the music world raved about their sublime sound. As prices lowered, sales last year soared to over 200,000, and industry analysts predict they may triple this year. Analysts predict also that within a year CDs will replace...
- Twin tweaks. Denby, D. // New York;7/16/90, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p44
Presents recommendations for compact disc players at all price levels including the NAD 5325, the California Audio Labs Icon, and the Wadia 2000. Gives advice on tweaking CDs to improve the sound.
- The last go-round. Vizard, F. // Popular Mechanics;Feb88, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p74
The analog record player, at the height of its development, will soon be made obsolete after 100 years of service by the sonic superiority of the digital audio compact disc. Ironically, the very innovation responsible for its demise has prompted a spate of recent improvements in the turntable.
- CD player soundoff. Booth, S.A.; Barr, F.C. // Popular Mechanics;Jul89, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p67
Presents a comparison test of four top-of-the-line compact disc players: Denon DCD-3520; Onkyo DX-7500; Philips CD-880; Yamaha CDX-111OU.
- In-dash CD players. Vizard, F.; Barr, F.C. // Popular Mechanics;Jul90, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p60
Compares the performance of economically priced compact-disc players, Alpine 7904, Sanyo ECD4000, Sparkomatic SR600 and Sony CDX-6020 by Advanced Product Evaluation Laboratory and `Popular Mechanics.' Vibration tests; Key criteria including frequency response, output level, signal-to-noise...
- Ratings of Compact-disc players. // Consumer Reports;Jun85, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p324
Laser-player stereo comes closest yet to perfect sound reproduction. INSET: The Sony D-5.;Answers to basic questions about compact discs....
- Comparing CD players. // Consumer Reports;May87, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p283
How compact-disc players (CDs) operate; how to get the best value; description of CD features and options; ratings of CDs; portables versus changer models.
- Compact-disc players. // Consumer Reports;Jan1989, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p27
Describes features available on a wide variety of compact-disc players. Uniformity of sound; Sturdiness; Reasons not to spend a lot of money. INSET: `Is there a DAT in your future?' (covers digital audio tape....
- CD players. // Consumer Reports;Mar1990, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p185
Discusses CD players, both single-play model and multidisc changers. Adverse conditions; Features and displays; Sound quality. INSET: Audio and video come together.;What the jargon means..