Writing pocket in the real world
- Packet writing: I am a convert. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia Professional;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p95
Asserts the use of packet writing technology to produce accessible compact disc-recordables (CD-R) for users. Problems on the use of recorders as playback devices; Definition of drive letter access; Example of the implementation of packet writing using the CD-UDF (Universal Disk Format) file...
- Burnet County goes electronic. Hoffman, Catherine // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);3/12/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p1A
The article reports on the announcement held by Kathy Golson, court coordinator, that the public can access to the Burnet County Commissioner's Court meeting packet information in Burnet County, Texas.
- DOCSIS: A steady Migration. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the migration of Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification on top of other data services. Establishment of digital tiers; Role of multiple-systems operator in providing packet telephony and multimedia services; Innovation with next-generation engineering.
- Mix and match. HARDY, STEPHEN // Lightwave;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
The author reflects on the different options that optics carriers undertake to provide timing to packet-based networks in the U.S. The author mentions that with the evolution of packet-heavy traffic mixes, he believes that there is a right approach for the said purpose. He states that it is...
- EtherPeek fully tracks net usage. Avery, Mike // InfoWorld;02/21/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p37
Reviews the software-based packet analyzer EtherPeek 4.0 for Windows from AG Group. How the software works; Cost of the product; Common problem of software-based products; Features of the software; Performance of EtherPeek.
- NetGear helps copper keep up. Parks, Manish // eWeek;10/16/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p97
Focuses on FS504T, a cost effective unmanaged four-port gigabit switch of NetGear Inc. Advantages and disadvantages to the use of FS504T; Features of the switch; Recommendation of information technology managers for switch usage.
- Switching directions. Sweeney, Dan // Wireless Review;01/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Reports on third-generation wireless telephony, still in the planning stages with standards yet to be hammered out and technology yet to be tested. Development of roaming, I-number portability and radio location; Move toward packetization; Circuit telephony to packet telephony; Standards for...
- THE WIRELESS HOT SEAT. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;5/9/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p48
Reports that the wireless communications industry may be entering a period of accelerated technology development. Imperative to build data networks as quickly as possible; Sprint's commitment to deploy the next revision of CDMA2000 EV-DO (evolution-data optimized) and end-to-end VoIP; High-speed...
- In concert. Fisher, Richard // Engineer (00137758);3/29/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7671, p11
The article focuses on advantage of the virtual antenna array for the mobile signal technology. According to British researchers, mobile phone signal capacity could escalate with better quality video and quicker file downloads if handsets in a local area work together. A team at King's College...