2004 Hardcover Fiction New York Times Top Literary Agents by No. of Titles
- Book publishing industry trends. Johnston, Peter // Publishers Weekly;07/28/97 Supplement Book Production, Vol. 244 Issue 30, pS6
Discusses how the book publishing industry has been changing. Profitability and distribution issues; Rise in output; Statistical information on book trends; Mass market paperbacks, fiction, as a percentage of the total; Fluctuation in hardcover prices.
- U.S. publishing industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer95, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p112
Presents charts on the performance of the United States publishing industry from 1992 to 1994. Purchases, sales, production, hours worked, employment and earnings of various book industries; Producer price index for books; Exports and imports of books; Foreign and domestic demand for books.
- Consumer magazine ad linage. // Advertising Age;10/28/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 44, p47
Presents data on publishers' paid advertising pages. Number of times published each year; Other information.
- Publisher stocks: October performances. // Publishers Weekly;11/11/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 46, p14
Details `Publishers Weekly' stock index in October 1996. How it fell 1.8 percent as losers outnumbered gainers; Dove, as the biggest loser in the month; Winners being EDC, Thomas Nelson, McGraw-Hill Cos., and others; Other losers including Books-A-Million.
- Mixed August results. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 42, p12
Presents August, 1997, sales data for the 13 categories of books tracked by the American Association of Publishers.
- Juvenile paperback leads six-month growth. // Publishers Weekly;8/21/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 34, p11
Presents the sales performances of different segments of the publishing industry for the first six months of 1995. Strong showing of the juvenile paperbacks and school textbook segments.
- Publishers stocks: May performances. // Publishers Weekly;6/10/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 24, p31
Presents statistical data regarding the performance of publishers stocks in May 1996. The performance of Crown Books' first quarterly sales helping boost the company's stock by 50 percent in May; The report from Advanced Marketing Services (AMS); Some losers such as EDC, Dove and Thomas...
- Publisher stocks: June performances. // Publishers Weekly;7/14/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 28, p11
Presents charts of the winners and losers of the Publishers Weekly Stock Index (PWSI) in June 1997. June as a generally good month for publishing industry stocks; PSWI up by 6 percent compared to the Dow Jones' 15.6 percent increase; Crown Books among the hardest hit stocks.
- Paperback bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;11/4/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 45, p86
Presents the paperback bestsellers for mass market and trade for the week of November 4, 1996. `The Rules: Time-Tested Secrets to Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right,' by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider; `The Horse Whisperer,' by Nicholas Evans; `Song of Solomon,' by Toni Morrison; `It's a...
- Hardcover bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;11/4/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 45, p88
Presents the hardcover bestsellers for fiction and nonfiction for the week of November 4, 1996. `The Deep End of the Ocean,' by Jacquelyn Mitchard; `The Laws of Our Fathers,' by Scott Turow; `Make the Connection,' by Bob Greene and Oprah Winfrey; `American Tragedy,' by Lawrence Schiller and...