McGraw-Hill Posts Solid First-Quarter Results
- McGraw-Hill Scores Strong 2005; Backlist Titles Reigned. // Book Publishing Report;1/30/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1
The article highlights the financial performance of New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. in 2005. The company reported $6 billion for the year. McGraw-Hill reported an 11.7 percent increase from 2004 revenue of $5.25 billion. The company's net income increased to $844.3 million, up 11.7 percent from...
- McGraw-Hill just says no to ads. Skelton, Caroline // Quill & Quire;Nov2005, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p21
This article reports that a Canadian educational publisher has closed the door on the idea of selling advertising space in its textbooks. McGraw-Hill Ryerson says its attempt to sell advertisements, which kicked off earlier in the year 2005, has been nixed by its U.S. parent company, McGraw-Hill...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;10/23/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the publishing industry in the U.S. The McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. reported a less than 1 % increase over the 2005 third quarter profit in its 2006 third-quarter revenue of $2 billion due to reorganization and charges against the company. The Association of...
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;10/18/99, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6
Looks at the financial performance of McGraw-Hill Companies. Revenue increase for the third quarter of fiscal 2000; Earnings; Operating profit.
- Strong Gains for McGraw-Hill Cos.' Education Group. // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the financial performance of the education group of McGraw-Hill Cos. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000. Revenue increase posted by the firm's education group; Increase in the company's operating profit; Reason for the rise in seasonal loss posted by the group.
- Results Up at MHC Publishing Group. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the sales posted by McGraw-Hill Cos. in its educational and professional publishing operations in 1998. Operating profit for the year; Factors behind the gain; Sales in elementary unit; Revenues in the professional unit.
- Educational/Professional Markets Boost McGraw-Hill's 3rd Q Growth. // Educational Marketer;10/18/99, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p5
Looks at the third quarter earnings of McGraw-Hill in 1999.
- MHC Education Group Has Mixed Period. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p19
Reports on the earnings of McGraw-Hill Cos. in the first quarter ended March 31, 2002. Comparison with year earlier results; Best performing segment in the period; Sales performances of various operations.
- McGraw-Hill's Education Group Posts Strong Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p13
Reports on the revenue and operating profits of the education group of McGraw-Hill Cos. (MHC) in the second quarter that ended June 30, 2001. Performance of several academic programs of MHC; Updates on the higher education and international sectors; Plans of the company to make niche acquisitions.