Peachpit Forms Publishing Alliance With palmOne
- Meredith, Actmedia join forces. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;4/22/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 17, p41
This article reports on the strategic alliance formed by Meredith Corp. and Actmedia to create and execute tailored, in-store marketing programs for package-goods clients, as of April 22, 1991. The agreement gives Meredith sole access among publishing companies to Actmedia's massive retail sales...
- PeachPit, TechTV Press Offer New Titles. // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p118
States that Peachpit Press, a computer book publisher, will team up with TechTV, a technology-oriented cable TV network, to publish a series of books under the TechTV Press imprint. Books that will be published under the partnership agreement.
- Strategic partnerships: pros, cons and trends. Robbins, Larry E.; Lynch, J. Christopher // Business North Carolina;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p88
Outlines the opportunities and pitfalls for growing companies that are considering strategic partnerships. Reasons for considering strategic partnerships among companies; Various forms of strategic partnerships; Risks involved in strategic partnerships; Details of current trends in strategic...
- Network provides insurance agencies growth prospects. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/19/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p15
One of the many problems facing independent insurance agencies today is market consolidation. Just when an agency thinks they have achieved a good working relationship with a carrier, a merger of that carrier with another is announced and the relationship evaporates. Agency Inc., the Alliance...
- Movie FX are Go! Jarrett, George // TVB Europe;Sep2004, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p46
Reports on the potency of the reason for the emergence of four companies at the head of the VFX market in Europe. Effect dollar rate; Trends in the market an its effect to film industries; Basis of the decision not to use models and miniatures.
- Smarter ways to do business with the competition. Andal-Ancion, Angela; Yip, George // European Business Forum;Spring2005, Issue 21, p32
Presents smarter ways to handle business competition and alliances. Issues posed by alliances among peers and competitors; Dilemmas that can be encountered by company when entering into strategic alliances; Solutions for structural dilemmas.
- STRATEGIC ALLIANCES AS A WAY FOR IMPROVING COMPETITIVENESS - RESEARCH ON STRATEGIC ALLIANCES IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA. Šunje, Aziz; Kurtić, Emir; Koštrebić, Kemal // Conference Proceedings: International Conference of the Faculty ;2008, p1
The article discusses a study that explores the role of strategic alliances in improving competitiveness in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The study determines the role through conducting interviews to managers from all over the nation. It reveals the need to have a lot of education and support in...
- TechTV opens book imprint. Bloom, David // Daily Variety;8/4/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the partnership between TechTV company and Peachpit Press company for the creation of the book imprint TechTV Press in Los Angeles, California.
- Hand in hand. // Printing World;3/18/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 11, p8
The directors of two hand finishing companies have come together to create separate operation offering high tech automated polywrapping to the publishing industry. Flexipack has been established in Peterborough by the directors of Paramount Promotional Services, also in Peterborough, and The...