PERSPECTIVES ON HD STOCK
- Book reviews. LeSueur, Richard // Notes;Mar1996, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p834
Reviews the book `High Definition Compact Disc Recordings: Sound Quality Evaluations of Over 1,400 of the Most Technically Excellent Digital Recordings', by Howard Ferstler.
- The Real Deal. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/11/2008, Issue 2799, p48
The article assesses the ability of several British travel agencies to book two weeks all-inclusive in Barbados for two adults in a quality hotel, with a maximum budget of 3,000 pounds. The author reports that the agency, Wish You Were Here, received high ratings for first impressions and sales...
- WEEK IN PICTURES. // Travel Weekly (UK);3/27/2009, p36
Several photographs depicting the events in the travel industry are presented including the 20th anniversary celebration of the Wish You Were Here Co. in Cambridgeshire, England, the Virgin Atlantic Co. airplane captain Ian Smith who won a pair of tickets for a football match between England and...
- Copyright win for L.A. riot video team. Tiegel, Eliot // Electronic Media;10/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p14
Reports on a United States' District Court case in which Visnews International was ordered to pay statutory damages to the owners of Los Angeles News Services, for dubbing a tape which was originally broadcast on NBC's `Today' show. Sum of money Visnews was ordered to pay; Details of the case.
- Station wins fair-use case. Heuton, Cheryl // MediaWeek;6/6/94, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p8
Reports on a federal judge's dismissal of a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by Los Angeles News Service against KCAL-TV station for KCAL's use of the Service's videotape chronicling the beating of truck driver Reginald Denny. Details of the litigation.
- COPYRIGHT. Schmertz, Jr., John R.; Meier, Mike // International Law Update;Sep2003, Vol. 9, p131
This article focuses on the court case Los Angeles News Service v. Reuters Television Int'l Ltd. Ninth Circuit decides that the U.S. plaintiff may not recover damages for copyright infringement outside the U.S., and that exception to general rule against extraterritorial application of Copyright...
- fair use legal citations. // Communication: Journalism Education Today;Winter2013, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses court cases dealing with Copyright Act of 1976. These include Folsom v Marsh which provided the foundation for the 4 factors laid out in the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, the Los Angeles News Service v Channel 9 where the station was found guilty of copyright infringement...
- BUSINESS briefs. // Home Textiles Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p14
Reports on news and developments concerning businesses in the United States, as of July 28, 2003. Improvement in the quarterly Measure of Business Confidence; Increase in job search times; Bullish attitude of builders of single-family homes.
- Companies add locations in Atlanta. // Material Handling Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the opening of businesses in various locations in Atlanta, Georgia. Manhattan Associates' relocation of its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia; Robocom Systems Inc.'s opening of an office in Atlanta, Georgia to provide technical support to its customers in the Southeast; Acculift...