MOVIES IN THE YEAR OF THE MONKEY
- Untitled. // Design Week;9/16/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p5
Features a festival for French digital media at Onedotzero fr, at the Institut Francais. Exploration of forms of moving image; Schedule of the festival; Organization of the festival by the Onedotzero digital film and animation network.
- A VOTE FOR SUBSTANCE OVER STYLE. Wilt, Adam // DV: Digital Video;Aug2006, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
The article focuses on the digital cinema camera unveiled by Red One at the 2006 National Association of Broadcasters show. The qualities of the camera include 254O-line variable frame-rate imaging with 11 to 15 stops of latitude, 4:4:4 output and on-camera wavelet-compressed raw recording. The...
- Animated MTVN Adds Four to Suite. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p3
Reports the additional animation channel in the United States. Expansion of the digital programming; Development of the digital networks; Improvement of the animated series.
- The distinctiveness of digital criticism. Cubitt, Sean // Screen;Spring2000, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p86
This article focuses on distinctive character of digital media criticism. It explains that the main concern of media studies at present is the material form of mediation. But what makes the discipline distinctive is its attention to the detailed functioning of textuality and the irreducible...
- Hollywood's DI evolution. Giardina, Carolyn // TVB Europe;Oct2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p37
The article discusses the Digital Intermediate (DI) process for digital cinema. It is the process of scanning film and completing all color correction and post production in the digital realm in order to produce a digital master. There are two dynamics driving DI forward. First is the creative...
- Study predicts digital cinema growth spurt. Kemp, Stuart // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/20/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 26, p12
A report published by Great Britain-based exhibition specialist Dodona Research predicted that the sales of digital cinema projectors will grow to be worth more than $100 million by next year. The report, titled "Digital Cine ma Factbook," also says that by 2008 the number of digital cinema...
- Pictures that do not really exist: Mitigating the digital crisis in traditional animation production. TARANTINI, TONY // Animation Practice, Process & Production;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p249
The period between 1994 and 2004 was a unique moment in time for the TV animation community. It was a time of transition, when the introduction of digital tools caused irreversible changes to long-established 2D animation production pipelines. These new digital pipelines altered the...
- Digital rollout hits bumps. Looderhose, Diana // Daily Variety;7/2/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 64, p4
The article focuses on a 2010 report from global media analyst Screen Digest Ltd. which indicated that there may be an increase in digital rollout in Europe, but 12% to 15% of screens lacked funding to digitize.
- A Story to Tell. Anding, Kristinha M. // Video Systems;Sep2004, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p90
Focuses on the role of Center for Digital Storytelling in teaching people to use digital media to tell their stories. Use of the Macromedia Director interface and video projection as a backdrop to oral narrative; Learning how to construct digital narratives in a found object style, home videos...