- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/11/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 32, p4
Presents news briefs related to radio and television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of August 2003. Enforcement of rules related to news broadcast ownership; Information on a video on demand service by Rainbow Media Holdings Inc.; Financial performance of Acme Communications Inc. INSET:...
- MGM Comes to End of Rainbow. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/7/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 27, p3
Reports on increase in revenue of broadcasting company Rainbow Media's entertainment networks in the year 2003. Estimated percentage of revenue earned by television network Metro-Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) in year 2003 and 2001; Agreement of MGM to sell its stake in Rainbow; Payment by cable...
- Cablevision reveals Rainbow's hues. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/30/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the structure of Cablevision's programming and satellite company, named Rainbow Media Enterprises (RME). Divisions of the company; Initial public offering for RME; Appointment of Thomas C. Dolan to the position of chief executive and Josh Sapan to head of national programming.
- IFC Takes VOD High-Def. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on the plan of Rainbow Media Holdings LLC to launch its high-definition (HD) on demand service on June 17, 2009. According to the company, HD service will be available on iO digital cable service of Cablevision Systems and on Comcast On Demand. The company asserts that the...
- Cablevision's conservative path. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/14/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 34, p8
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. will partly separate its cable-network subsidiary by issuing a simple stock dividend, giving investors half a share of subsidiary, Rainbow Media group for each Cablevision they own. Decision to forgo more lucrative ideas to create tracking stock for...
- The Consummate Executive. Barrett, Randy // Broadcasting & Cable;6/16/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 24, p4A
The article profiles Kathleen Dore, president of broadcasting for Canwest Media in the U.S. She was born in Toledo, Ohio and graduated from the University of Iowa with a bachelor's degree in broadcasting and film. Dore also has a master's degree in finance and work at Rainbow Media Corp. She...
- IFC, AMC snag Spirit rights. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;4/4/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that Rainbow Media Corp. cablers IFC and AMC have secured exclusive broadcast rights to IFP/LA's Independent Spirit Awards through 2009. New agreement extends IFC's live broadcasts of the ceremony over the next four years and in addition, gives sister net AMC rights to the...
- CBS Will Hit Market Early. Consoli, John; Mundy, Alicia; Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;03/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p4
Announces that CBS Inc. plans to begin selling advertisement inventory on certain prime-time programs for 1999-2000 before the traditional upfront period. Reason for the move; Programs whose advertisement time will be offered for sale; Expected benefit from the plan.
- Other voices: the cutbacks at CBS. // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun87, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the dismissal of 213 employees of U.S.-based broadcasting company CBS Inc. Profitability of the company; Cutbacks in the company's news division; Participation in the battle to acquire the services of Diane Sawyer.