Sport Education: Promoting Team Affiliation Through Physical Education
- The Study Competences of Physical Education Students. Guszkowska, Monika; Kuk, Anna; Zagórska-Pachucka, Adriana; Skwarek, Katarzyna // New Educational Review;2015, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p119
The purpose of this research was to determine the level of study competences among students of physical education. The study encompassed first-year students aged 18 to 26, who began their studies in 2010, 2011 and 2012. The Standard Progressive Matrices Plus, the Social Competence Questionnaire,...
- In the Zone: Physical Literacy and the Quest for Certified Coaches. Gallant, Peggy; Vossen, Deborah P.; Weaving, Charlene // Physical & Health Education Journal;Summer 2011, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p16
The article reports that sports and other physical forms of learning in North America have been treated as "extra-curricular" reducing the number of certified coaches who recognize the importance of physical literacy as a life skill and diminishing the youth's learning opportunities and quality....
- Potencialidades e dificuldades interpessoais de universitÃ¡rios: estudo de caracterizaÃ§Ã£o. Ribeiro, Denize Campos; Bolsoni-Silva, Alessandra Turini // Acta Comportamentalia;ago2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p205
The interpersonal development can stimulate quality social relationship and promote people's health. Interpersonal relationships are demanded by the university context, which requires the students to develop and to express socially skillful behaviors. However, difficulties in interpersonal...
- The School With Heart. Comander, Lauren // People;11/28/2005, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p212
This article focuses on Mooseheart, a residential school in the Fox River Valley in Illinois that helps children whose families can't take care of them. Many children who attend the school have lost both of their parents. The students live in residences with "family teachers" and are encouraged...
- The "Secret" Skills Kids Need. Truby, Dana // Instructor;Aug2009, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Peg Tyre on social and emotional skills upon which academic skills are developed and another on back-to-school concepts and activities.
- Make yourself heard! Del Col, Caroline Schaefer // Self;Aug2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p111
Provides tips on effective ways of complaining. Offering offending party empathy; Restraining impulse to insult; Being clear on the reason for griping.
- the beauty within. Borgnine, Tova // WeMedia;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p12
Provides beauty tips that can help people cope with the challenges in life. How skin affect the self-esteem of a person.
- The effectiveness of teaching a life skills program in a physical education context. Goudas, Marios; Dermitzaki, Irini; Leondari, Aggeliki; Danish, Steven // European Journal of Psychology of Education - EJPE (Instituto Su;Dec2006, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p429
The purpose of the present study was to examine the effectiveness of a life skills training program taught as part of physical education lessons. Seventy three, seventh grade students were assigned either in an experimental or in a wait-list control replication group and received an abbreviated...
- Educating Through the Physical - Rationale. Eldar, Eitan; Ayvazo, Shiri // Education & Treatment of Children;8/1/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p471
Social competence is essential for successful performance in school and life. Siedentop (1980) suggested that physical education settings and related activities may serve as useful vehicles for improving pro-social skills and values. Physical education literature draws a clear distinction...