Exclusive: Economic Pressures Reduce Growth To 3.6% In 2003 College Market; Pearson Continues Reign On Top
- GETTING PUBLISHED IN AUSTRALIA. Myers, David // Quadrant Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p66
Presents information on how to publish a book in Australia. Partnership between small publishers and state museums, shire councils and government; Publication of a book through self-publishing; Contractual publishing.
- Research on Information Seeking and Use in Pakistan: An Assessment. Anwar, Mumtaz A. // Pakistan Journal of Library & Information Science;2007, Issue 8, p15
The paper describes the beginning of research activity on information needs and presents an analysis of the literature on information needs in Pakistan to discover that no research has so far been published. It reviews 14 student-research projects produced from 1975 to 1982 at the University of...
- Book Production Shifts Gears. Curwen, Ginger // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, pS1
Discusses issues surrounding book printers and manufacturers. Discussion on the relationship between manufacturers and publishers; Consequences of consolidation in the book trade; Overview of publisher demands; Concerns of manufacturers.
- DIARY. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/17/2009, p36
A calendar of events for the printing and publishing industries for 2009 is presented which include the London Bookfair in England, Poligrafia 2009 in Poznan, Poland, and the Fipp Magazine Congress in London.
- 20 Years Ago Today: The Asian Printing Phenomenon. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;7/31/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 30, pS18
In this article, the author discusses the growth of the printing industry in Asia. The author recalls that Japan was the best-known Asian printing resource in the early 1980s. Over the years, Hong Kong became the center of English-language publishing in Asia. Some factors which contributed to...
- Announcement. // Research in African Literatures;Fall1992, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p159
The article reports that the Children's Book Support, supported by the Ministry for Development Cooperation of the Netherlands Government, attempts to respond to the needs of children's libraries in Africa for recent African-produced materials and to support African publishers through the...
- U.S. College Textbook Sales Decline 6.2% In Q1 To $174.7 Million. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the sales decline on college textbooks in the U.S. Continuous returns of college textbooks experienced by the publishers; Forecast of slight improvements in sales.
- How well do UK Publishers of Marketing Textbooks Investigate and Understand the Market to which they are Selling? Masikunas, George; Baverstock, Alison Mary // International Journal of the Book;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p93
The authors of this paper teach at the Kingston Business School where the number of under-graduates taking an introductory module in marketing at the university and its partner colleges had risen considerably. Triggered by anecdotal evidence from students, we decided to conduct regular surveys...
- Music Book Publisher Berklee Press Goes Trade. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;11/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 45, p15
Reports that music book publisher Berklee Press has decided to establish an entity separate from the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts as of November 10, 2003. Trade titles that will be released by Berklee Press in February 2004; Factors that have influenced the publisher's...