M&A Revival Eludes Asset Managers
- UnitedHealth Bids For Oxford Health Plans. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/3/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 17, p8
Reports that the UnitedHealth Group has bid for Oxford Health Plans of Trumbull, Connecticut, Amount of cash and stock offered by UnitedHealth; List of Oxford's insured commercial members being offered by UnitedHealth; Assessment of the deal agreement.
- Oxford takeover shaking up insurance buyers, providers. Scott, Gale // Crain's New York Business;5/3/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p4
UnitedHealth Group Inc.'s agreement last week to buy Oxford Health Plans Inc. is widely believed to be the first wave in a tide of industry consolidations, one that will bring more national players to New York. The 4.7 billion dollars deal has unnerved consumer advocates and hospital groups and...
- United We Oppose. // njbiz;8/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p4
Reports on Banking and Insurance Commissioner Holly Bakke's approval of the acquisition of Oxford Health Plans by United Health Group. Cost of the acquisition; Reaction of the Medical Society of New Jersey to the deal.
- UnitedHealth Group Announces Intent To Acquire Oxford Health. // Insurance Advocate;5/3/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 17, p36
Announces the plan of UnitedHealth Group Inc. to acquire Oxford Health Plans . Failure of WellChoice Inc. to buy Oxford; Impact of the Oxford acquisition on increasing UnitedHealth's northeast membership; Sales forecast.
- LI hospitals brace for insurer hardball. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/4/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 24, p6A
Long Island, New York hospitals are bracing for tough negotiations as two of Long Island's biggest health insurers, UnitedHealth Group Inc. and Oxford Health Plans Inc., prepare to merge. The merger will create a powerhouse that could put additional financial pressure on hospital bottom lines....
- Force to be reckoned with. Benko, Laura B. // Modern Healthcare;5/3/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p12
Discusses the implications of the possible acquisition of Oxford Health Plans by UnitedHealth Group in 2004 to the health insurance industry of Northeastern states. Details of the proposed agreement; Purchase of Mid Atlantic Medical Services by UnitedHealth.
- Still united? Benko, Laura B. // Modern Healthcare;8/9/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p14
Deals with the challenges facing UnitedHealth Group in relation to the acquisition of Oxford Health Plans in New Jersey. Cost of the acquisition; Lawsuit filed by the Medical Society of New Jersey against UnitedHealth in Mercer County Superior Court; Impact of the lawsuit on the group.
- United, Oxford Merger In NJ Approved, Then Stayed. // Insurance Advocate;8/9/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 27, p34
Reports on New Jersey Banking and Insurance Commissioner Holly C. Bakke's approval of the acquisition of Oxford Health Plans Inc. by UnitedHealth Group Inc. Lawsuit filed by the Medical Society of New Jersey challenging the merger; Implications of the merger for the insurance industry.
- UnitedHealth Group Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Oxford Health Plans, Inc. // Journal of Oncology Management;May/Jun2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the definitive agreement between UnitedHealth Group and Oxford Health Plans Inc. Completion of the acquisition; Terms of the agreement; Advancement of the quality of health care services.