A Taste for Risk Among the Elite
- High Grade Investors Fish In High Yield's Nether Regions. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p9
Reports that high grade investors are moving into high yield investment in the United States. Outflows in high yield mutual funds; 12-year bond issue from American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co.; Interest-rate risk.
- Weekly HY Fund Outflows Top $1.6B. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/20/2011, p13
The article presents a report by Lipper FMI, which showed that around 1.62 billion dollars of high yield (HY) bond funds were acquired by investors for the week ending June 15, 2011.
- AMG Data's Weekly HY Fund Flows. // High Yield Report;3/22/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p10
Reports that the amount of inflows into high yield mutual funds moved lower in the week ended March 3, 2004. Comparison with the week ended March 10, 2004.
- Down to Earth. Fridson, Martin // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p111
Presents guidelines for investing in high-yield bonds. Factors which contributed to the positive performance of high-yield bonds in 2003; Key decision of the financial planner; Appropriate strategies for investors.
- Triumphant convertibles? // Money Marketing;11/7/2013, p53
The article discusses the challenges facing the high-yield market in Great Britain. It states that the rapid increase has pushed the price of many high-yield bonds above the value at which they will mature. It cites that the strong performance has created a volatile investor base and many...
- HIGH YIELD: A PERPETUAL FLAME DRAWING INVESTOR MOTHS. Cassidy, Don // On Wall Street;May2008, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p42
The article focuses on high-yield securities. The author says that these securities are easily to sell to investors because the cash flow is expected next quarter or next year and that people earnestly dislike focusing on risk and loss. He cites some of the risks involved in high-yield...
- Recession or Not, It's Time to Buy HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/12/2011, p10
The article discusses why it is feasible to buy high yield bonds regardless of whether there will be a double-dip recession or not. Contrasting ideas as to the reliability of wide high yield bonds in predicting recession are presented. Market analysts observe that the widening spreads can mean a...
- HIGH YIELD FUND PERFORMANCE. // High Yield Report;11/19/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p7
Presents information on the performance of high yield funds as of November 14, 2001.
- HIGH YIELD FUND PERFORMANCE. // High Yield Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p7
Presents a chart on high yield fund performances as of February 10, 2003.