FBR's Togetherness at the Top
- Friedman to Leave FBR; Probe Reported. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;4/6/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 65, p20
Mentions the retirement of Emanuel J. Friedman, a founder of Friedman, Billings, Ramsey Group Inc. Eric F. Billings to become chief executive and chairman; Investigation of the investment banking firm by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the National Association of Securities...
- Events Raise Questions About FBR's Outlook. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/2/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the departure of Friedman, Billings, Ramsey Group Inc. co-founder Emanuel Friedman from the company in Arlington, Virginia. First quarter earnings expected from the company; Dismissal of analyst Susan Kalla from the firm for not disclosing stock trades in her own account; Claim of...
- FBR Tries to Be Tech Capital Source in West. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;11/7/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 214, p9
Reports that Virginia investment banking company Friedman Billings Ramsey Group Inc. has opened a San Francisco office to expand its national platform to investment customers along the West Coast. Effect of changes in the business models of West Coast companies on investment business in the...
- Friedman lures four McDonald bankers. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/25/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p3
Reports that investment banking firm Friedman Billings Ramsey Group Inc. expanded its office in Cleveland, Ohio, by adding investment banking professionals. Impact of the expansion on the firm's ability to target middle-market industrial, consumer and service companies; Other growth targets and...
- FBR's Friedman Announces Surprise Departure. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/11/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p4
Announces the retirement of Emanuel Friedman from his position as co-chief executive at the Friedman, Billings, Ramsey Group in the U.S. Factors that led to the executive's retirement; Career background of Friedman; Contributions of Friedman to the company.
- Friedman's Subprime MBS Ambitions. // American Banker;9/24/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 184, p13
Reports that Friedman Billings Ramsey Group Inc. will make a niche market in underwriting subprime mortgage-backed bonds, according to the chief investment officer Richard J. Hendrix. Recent hires to manage this segment, Michael W. Warden and Michael J. Ciuffo.
- RLI Sells 4.8 Million Common Shares In $121.2M Follow-On Offering Through Friedman, Billings, Ramset&Co. // Insurance Advocate;1/6/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p29
Reports that RLI Corp. has raised $121.2 million through the sale of 4.8 million common stocks. Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co. Inc.'s (FBR) selection as lead underwriter and bookrunner; Uses of the proceeds of the stock sale; Investment banking activities of FBR.
- In Unexpected Move, FBR Chief Will Retire. // National Mortgage News;4/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p45
Reports on the retirement of Emmanuel J. Friedman as chief executive and founder of Friedman, Billings, and Ramsey Group company in Washington. Effectivity of the retirement; Refusal of the company to disclose information regarding the reason for the retirement of Friedman; Contribution of...
- ERIC BILLINGS. Palmer, Nancy Doyle // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p93
Features Eric Billings, owner of Friedman, Billings, Ramsey Group. Career background; Employment at Legg Mason.