Pride in Our Past, Optimism for The Future
- Cablers cautious at Beijing confab. Jones, Arthur // Variety;3/25/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 6, p32
Reports on the Sino-International Cable TV Executive Management Conference of executives and government officials on the future of cable and broadband transmissions in China. Sentiments during the conference; Concern on the potential for digital cable networks.
- Looong Shelf Life for Analog. Farrell, Mike; Haugsted, Linda; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
This article discusses the proceedings of the "Society of Cable Telecommunications' Emerging Technologies" conference held on January 2008 in Los Angeles. It discusses that there will still be analog channels for the next 30 years. There will be enough spectrum to do everything as cable...
- Capital Gains in D.C. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;7/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p10
The article presents the CTAM 2007 Summit of Competitive Marketing. The CTAM summit is expected to have participants presenting new ideas and approaches in marketing of cable networks and operators. The big topics include facing the shift of viewing to digital and online media. More activities...
- Confab explores implications of broadband. Grillo, Jean Bergantini // Daily Variety;06/08/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 5, pA1
Focuses on Cable 2001, the 50th annual conference of cable programmers and technicians, held in June 2001 in Chicago, Illinois. Organization of the event by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA); Event's focus on broadband communications; Examination of issues relating to...
- Taiwan b'casters go on a shopping spree. Webster, Michael // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p56
Discusses various aspects concerning the cable television industry in Taiwan. Implications of the government regulations on cable television industry; Impact of the Mip Television Asia on the commercial policy regarding the industry; Economic conditions of the industry.
- CAST '83. // BKSTS Journal;May1983, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p242
The article offers information on the International Cable & Satellite Television Exhibition & Conference to be held at National Exhibition Center in Birmingham, England on September 11-14, 1983.
- Cable networks to discuss interactive marketing. CS // Broadcasting & Cable;8/16/93, Vol. 123 Issue 33, p41
Announces the holding of a conference by the cable industry to discuss the value of interactive marketing. Featured speakers; Keynote speaker; Sponsor; Date and place where the conference will be held.
- Diller added to Casbaa. Frater, Patrick // Daily Variety;8/5/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 22, p6
The article offers information on the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia convention and trade show to be held in Hong Kong, China from October 28-30, 2008.
- Catharsis? Not Quite. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p52
Shares reflections on the United States cable industry at the beginning of 2001. Shedding of complete file drawers on numerous industry events; Proposal for a virtual gathering.