Who'll Steer the NCTA?
- CABLE TOPPER EXITS. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;6/22/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 55, p6
Reports on the resignation of Robert Sachs as chairman of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association of the United States. Indecency and other issues affecting the cable television industry; Reasons for Sachs' non-renewal of contract.
- Sachs Out? Higgins, John M.; McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;6/21/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 25, p18
Discusses the challenges faced by Robert Sachs, president of the National Cable Television Association (NCTA), regarding his leadership. Complaint among several of his bosses against him; Supporters of Sachs; Contributions made by Sachs to the NCTA.
- Sachs' Last Act. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p12
Interviews Robert Sachs, departing president of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association, about the broadcasting and cable network industry in the U.S. Decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on broadcasters' demand regarding digital channels; Competition between...
- Sachs ready for a `sprinting' start at NCTA. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the appointment of Robert Sachs as president of the National Cable Television Association. Lobbying priorities of Sachs; Responsibilities in the organization.
- Cable's State Is One of Rapid Change. // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p127
Presents excerpt of the 'State of the Communications Industries' address that National Cable Television Association president and CEO Robert Sachs delivered November 15, 2000 at the Lotus Club in New York City. Overview on the status the United States cable television industry; Future prospects.
- Sachs: Go slow on rate hikes. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/99, Vol. 129 Issue 52, p52
Reports on National Cable Television Association president Robert Sachs' speech about cable television issues in the United States, given during the Western Show. Recommendations to help cable television keep its lead over competitors; Effects of government regulation on the cable television...
- Keeping the NCTA on course. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p12
Interviews National Cable Television Association (NCTA) president Robert Sachs about the cable television industry. Includes the prediction that the industry will avoid rate regulation; Argument in favor of AT&T's acquisition of MediaOne group.
- Cable TV Pioneers inducts Class of '09. // CED;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
The article lists the Cable TV Pioneers' Class of 2009 which includes William Beaty Jr. from Comporium Communications, Michael W. Drake from Milestone Communications, and Tom Feige from Time Warner Cable.
- EURO CABLERS, SATCHOS FORGE TIES FOR NEW ORG. Jambs, Alison // Daily Variety;10/10/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the organization of an association of cable and satellite channels in Europe. Conflict with local cable operators on issues on distribution charge; Accessibility of cable networks.