- RBOCs report strong demand for DSL services. Martin, Michael // Network World;02/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p23
Reports on an explosive growth in year 2000 of digital subscribe line (DSL) numbers for the regional Bell operating companies in the United States. Subscribers of SBC Communications, Verizon Communications, Qwest Communications and Bellsouth; Reasons for the rise in DSL numbers.
- BellSouth Mulls Speed Tiers, Pricing. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p27
BellSouth Corp. is eyeing possible changes to digital subscriber line (DSL) pricing and tiered speeds to better its chances in the broadband-services battleâ€” but that might not include a price drop in line with its Baby Bell peers. At the mid-year mark, the Atlanta-based regional Bell...
- SBC, Verizon Lead Way In Quarterly DSL Gains. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p27
Reports on the financial performance of the U.S. digital subscriber line (DSL) companies SBC Communications Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. for the fourth quarter of 2002. Number of DSL subscribers added to the companies; Expectations of SBC regarding growth in its DSL...
- Q2 DSL Growth Remains Stable. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p27
Reports the digital subscriber line growth among Verizon Communications, SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. during the second quater of 2002 in the U.S. Number of subscribers added; Details on the company revenues and earnings; Management schemes.
- I WANT MY DSL TV. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;5/3/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 9, p23
Comments on the increase in the number of DSL subscribers for telephone companies in the United States in the first quarter of 2004. Net additions reported by SBC Communications and Verizon; Benefits of price cuts and aggressive marketing.
- Telco Competition. // CableFAX Daily;11/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 212, p2
The article presents an update on telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of November 1, 2005. UBS expects Verizon to get 20,000 video subscribers by the end of the year and 345,000 by 2006. SBC has decided to drop the rate for its SBC Yahoo! Digital Subscriber Line Pro to $21.99 per month.
- Bundling branches into wireless. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;7/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p24
Discusses the benefits of combining local and long-distance telephone, wireless and digital subscriber lines for telecommunication companies in the U.S. Information on improvements in the landline retention of BellSouth; Reasons of households for switching service providers; Discussion on the...
- VENDORS VIE FOR PRIZE IN BELL BAKE-OFF. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;9/8/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the competition among BellSouth Corp., SBC Communications Inc., and Verizon Communications Inc. to become an equipment provider for RBOC group in the U.S. Test on the products of the companies at the laboratory of RBOC; Estimated amount on the contract of RBOC; Companies submitting...
- BELLS' LETTER ADDRESSES FIBER'S FUTURE. Richard, Kevin // Telephony;6/2/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the deal between SBC Communications Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. to jointly pursue fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) technology. Statistics on the number of homes passed by fiber in North America; Services offered over FTTP networks.