WHAT CONSTITUTES 'CARRIER CLASS'?
- Who needs phone lines? LaGesse, David; Silver, Marc // U.S. News & World Report;8/11/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p58
Offers a look at choices in local telephone services in the United States. Statement that all one needs is a broadband Internet connection to save money through the use of Internet telephony; Evaluation of the quality of such services by providers Vonage and VoicePulse.
- MINNESOTA RULING ON VONAGE MAY HAVE BROAD IMPLICATIONS. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;10/27/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 21, p14
Discusses the court decision that prevents Minnesota Public Utilities Commission from forcing Vonage Inc. to register as a telecommunications provider to voice services in Minnesota. Classification of Vonage; Implication of the decision for voice-over internet protocol (VoIP) providers;...
- Vonage tailors VoIP for small firms. Greene, Tim // Network World;6/23/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p33
Reports on bargain bundles of services for small businesses announced by Vonage, a flat-fee Internet telephony carrier known for catering to residential customers. Small Business Basic service for customer sites with broadband Internet connections; Savings customers can realize by using...
- ADVANTAGE, VONAGE? WE'LL SEE. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p52
Reports on Digital Voice, a broadband voice over IP product of Vonage Holdings Corp. Advantage of the Vonage product; Access to the Digital Voice service features of the product; Information on how the Vonage service is initiated; Customers signed by the company.
- VOIP is getting very real. Wilson, Carol // America's Network;9/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p34
Focuses on the services of the voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) on Vonage. Emergence of VOIP standard; Business plan of Vonage; Capability of the Virtual Phone Number.
- New Bells Are Ringing. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;1/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
Reports on an Internet-based telephone service offered by Edison, New Jersey-based Vonage. Career background of Jeffrey Citron, founder of Vonage; Prediction on the demand for Voice Over Internet Protocol in 2004; History of Vonage.
- VONAGER/NETGEARR TO DEVELOP BROADBAND TELEPHONY DEVICES. // Tele-Service News;Oct2004, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the partnership established by Vonage with NETGEAR, Inc. to develop a suite of broadband telephony devices in the U.S. Benefits of the deal to Vonage customers; Advantages of the routers developed by NETGEAR; Background on the companies.
- Jeffrey Citron. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;7/17/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p14
The article features Jeffrey Citron, founder and chairman of Vonage Holdings. The company was the first to offer easy-to-use, inexpensive Internet-based phone service. Citron has approved tens of millions of dollars to advertise on television, radio and the Internet. As of July 2006, the company...
- Fantastic Vonage. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;11/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p28
Reports on the business strategies and operations of telecommunication company and voice-over-internet telephony carrier, Vonage Inc. Range of services provided by Vonage from voice service and applications over an IP network; Existing policies that regulate the industry; Competition with other...