Microsoft Upgrades TV Foundation
- Microsoft Deal Signals Standards Sea Change. Dawson, Fred // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p8
Focuses on the collaboration forged between software firm Microsoft Corp. and SeaChange International Inc. Plans to extend Microsoft's Windows Media platform into video-on-demand (VOD); Implementation of the fourth version of the Moving Picture Expert Group (MPEG) standard; Applications of the...
- SeaChange bolsters VOD platform. // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
Reports that SeaChange International has launched Axiom video operations services software platform and hybrid MediaCluster server. Claim that the servers use memory caching to store popular video-on-demand content with the balance stored on solid-state disks; Reason why SeaChange opted for a...
- Microsoft Lands 'Lightspeed' Berth. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p3
Presents information on the deal signed by SBC Communications Inc. with Microsoft Corp. to provide Internet-protocol television (IPTV) software for its Project Lightspeed in 2004. Cost of the deal; Statement of Ed Graczyk, Microsoft television director of marketing, about the deal; Benefit of...
- On the road with VOD. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/22/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 30, p32
Focuses on the tour initiated by SeaChange International Inc. to promote understanding of video-on-demand in Boston, Massachusetts. Lessons learned by visitors about the technology; Advantage offered by demonstrating the SeaChange system for the company; Functions of the truck used by the firm.
- SeaChange Foresees High VOD Penetration. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p60
Reports the release of ITV MediaCluster 4000 video server by SeaChange International Inc. in the United States. Ability of cable operators to offer video-on-demand programming; Features of the server; Preview of the product at the National Show.
- VOD, and then some... Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the creation of video-on-demand (VOD) sites by SeaChange International Inc. Deal between SeaChange and Comcast Corp. on VOD sites; Concept of VODlink software; Impact of VOD on digital video disc functionality.
- SeaChange Posits an Axiom. // Multichannel News;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p70
Reports on the launch of Axiom, an operational support software platform for interactive cable applications from SeaChange International Inc. Features of the software; Background on the modernization of the server hardware used by the company for its video-on demand services.
- Microsoft's $50M Turn On 'Ultimate TV'. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;10/30/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p5
Reports the plan of Microsoft to launch its satellite-based Ultimate-television (TV) brand in January 2001 with an advertising campaign. Marketing objective of the company for the digital video recording device; Features of the Ultimate-TV; Information on WebTV.
- SeaChange introduces Nucleus Hybrid Gateway software at CES. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;1/17/2012, p15
The article offers brief information on the Nucleus Hybrid Gateway software from SeaChange International.