Adelphia Adds Digital, HSI Subs
- Adelphia Swells Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p27
Reports on the digital and high-speed data subscriber growth of Adelphia Communications Corp. in the month of May 2004. Reason for the decline in its cash flow; Number of its basic subscribers; Exit financing of the company.
- Adelphia cops coin to ride out Chap. 11. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;6/24/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 16, p6
Reports that Adelphia Communications have lined up $1.5 billion in financing through a consortium of banks in the U.S. Plans to file a Chapter 11 in June 24, 2002; Financial institutions involved in the financing; Governmental investigation and lawsuits against the company.
- Adelphia Rise Brings Relief To Creditors. Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
Reports that U.S. distressed-debt buyers are offering deals to Adelphia Communications Corp. creditors, as of January 2004. Price being paid for Adelphia debt; Creditors who have agreed to transfer their accounts-receivable claims; Total value of Adelphia accounts receivable.
- Charter eyes Adelphia for boost. Andersen, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/31/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 23, p10
The article presents information on how Charter Communications Inc., the fourth-largest U.S. cable operator reduced a hefty debt load without selling cable systems. In its second quarter earnings conference call this month, Charter executives said they are exploring a possible acquisition of...
- SCHLEYER IN LIMBO. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p1
Reports on indecision by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, regarding William Schleyer's appointment as the chairman and chief executive officer of Adelphia Communications Corp. Contracts issued by Adelphia to Schleyer and Ron Cooper; Candidates preferred by...
- Adelphia Rollout Costs Hit Cash Flow. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p35
Reports on the financial performance of Adelphia Communications Corp. in the fourth quarter of its 2000 fiscal year. Increased capital expenditures that curbed cash flow growth; Decline in stock prices on April 2, 2001; Adelphia's plan to sell its non-strategic domestic systems; Purchase of GS...
- Chap. 11 looms for Adelphia. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p2
Reports the bankruptcy filing of Adelphia Communications. Negotiations with J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Citigroup and Bank of America; Impact of filing on investors; Bankruptcy protection filed by Adelphia's subsidiaries, Adelphia Century Communications.
- Adelphia shareholders seek to block hirings. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the appointment of a committee by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to represent shareholder interests in the Adelphia Communications Corp. Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Criticism on proposed hiring of two veteran cable executives by the company; Lawsuit by the committee, to compel...
- Adelphia Subs File for Bankruptcy. // Bank Loan Report;6/24/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p2
Reports that a number of subsidiaries of Adelphia Communications filed for bankruptcy protection in June 2002.