They Stock the Shelves, You Decide Which Paper
- Tucson, Ariz. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p12
Reports on the performance of television advertising market in Tucson, Arizona during the first half of 2000. Increase in national sales; Television revenues in 1999; Automotive advertising that accounted for a percentage of the business of KGUN-TV; How the market's growth stems from the city's...
- Cashing in on some frozen assets up north. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p12
Focuses on the success of KTUU-TV in acquiring several advertising projects in Anchorage, Alaska. Reference to local events advertising; Sports sponsorships; Plans to produce more special reports.
- Channel 5 hits a grand slam. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/30/95, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p10
Opinion. Comments on the `Give Me Five' commercial of WEWS-TV, channel 5, in Cleveland, Ohio. People involved in the commercial; Effect of the commercial on viewers; Fundraising campaign for a bicentennial float for the Tournament of Roses parade.
- Columbia, S.C. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;01/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p80
Reports on advertising sales of television stations in Columbia, South Carolina. Performance of auto, retail and telecommunication advertising category; Focus on news by traditional network affiliates.
- ITV1 performing worst under new Barb panel. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign (UK);1/18/2002, Issue 2, p2
Reports the decline in the commercial television ratings of ITV1 in Great Britain. Concerns on the rapid price inflation of television advertising airtime; Changes in television deals; Decrease in adult audience share.
- Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p14
Focuses on the television advertising market in Tampa, Florida, as of May 15, 2000. Growth of the market; Television stations' expansion of their advertising sales staff.
- Light at the end of the sales tunnel. Miller, Mark K. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/16/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 16, p33
Reports the increase of television advertising in Youngstown, Ohio. Real estate development in the area; Significance of local advertising on revenues; Strategy of WYTV television station to improve selling opportunities.
- Outback Jen gives local sponsors a 'Survivor'. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;05/07/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the 'Survivor' television program-related advertisements aired by Medford, Oregon-based television station KTVL, an affiliate of television network CBS. Creation of fictitious character Outback Jen; Product placement during the airing of the commercials that look like news reports;...
- Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, Mich. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p10
Focuses on the television advertising market in Flint, Saginaw and Bay City, Michigan. Impact of the presidential election on local advertising; Revenues of television stations from advertising.