Comcast Expands Its Local HD Hat Trick
- New HD in Serbia Arena. Stevens, Philip // TVB Europe;Jan2011, p30
The article discusses the business development of Belgrade-based Arena Sport which is adopting high-definition (HD) technology following the launch of its four channels in Serbia. It notes the development of a studio complex, as part of the company's move into HD which will be installed with...
- Comcast SportsNet goes HD. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on the broadcasting of home games in the high definition (HD) television network Comcast SportsNet in the U.S. Cost of the bid for an HD production vehicle; End to the procurement of sets from switching to direct-broadcast satellite; Integration of HD graphics equipment.
- High-definition TV gets a sporting chance. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/17/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p9
Focuses on the use of high-definition television (HDTV) technology for sports broadcasts. Advantage of the high quality picture and sound; Tradition for the use of sporting events as a showcase for television; Use of HDTV in motorsports and football events.
- Mitsubishi Hosts HD Thanksgiving Game On CBS-TV. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p8
Reports on CBS Television Network's presentation of the National Football League's New England Patriots and Detroit Lions game in 1080i high definition television on Thanksgiving Day 2000.
- MEP, NMT Take the Hi-Def Road. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 51, p34
Focuses on the decision of Entertainment & Sports Programming Network (ESPN) and American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) to offer high definition sports programming to mobile production companies in the U.S. Discussions with various broadcasting equipment providers on the issue; Steps taken by a...
- Hut, Hut, HD. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;8/11/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 32, p20
Focuses on the role of sports broadcasting in promoting high definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. Overview of plans of various television networks regarding the coverage of matches of the National Football League on HDTV; Assessment of the technological support needed for the purpose;...
- HDTV is outside the box. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;10/29/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 44, p4
Reports the advantages of high definition television (HDTV) for sports broadcasting in the United States. Clarity of details in sports programs; Availability of HDTV programming by cable television networks; Simulation of college football games by CBS television network.
- The digital difference. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;9/9/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 36, p5
Focuses on the telecast of National Football League games via Fox Sports' high-definition television (HDTV), Fox Widescreen. Index of quality between HDTV and digital television; Response of the network to criticisms; Use of dual-mode equipment to simulcast to digital and analog viewers. ...
- Production technology. Epstein, Steve // Broadcast Engineering;Oct97, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p76
Reports on the high definition television (HDTV) broadcasting of the baseball game between the Baltimore Orioles and Cleveland Indians baseball team in the United States. Sound quality; Use of a variety of equipment to broadcast the first high-definition pictures; Announcers for the HDTV...