Patience Pays Off for ABC News On Demand
- 'Lopez,' Tolan get midseason bows on ABC. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/12/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 6, p4
Reports developments on the activities of American Broadcasting Co. as of February 2002. Schedules of television programs; Producers of the television programs; Names of actors and actresses.
- The nadir of real news. Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p23
Reports on programs telecasted on the cable television network American Broadcasting Co. in February 2003 that led to an increase in its viewership. Popularity of the two-hour interview of popsinger Michael Jackson; Viewership of the follow-up series 'Prime Time Live'; Plans of the network to...
- Orphan Genre: The Half-Hour Sitcom. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;4/28/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 17, p34
Reports on the expectations of the television networks from the television programs broadcast for half-hour. Performance of the television program 'Lucky,' broadcast by television network FX. Decrease in the ratings of the program according to month; Efforts taken by television network...
- Fox's ani, CBS' anni lead Sunday. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/4/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 7, p6
Sunday was a good night for old TV favorites as CBS drew quite a crowd for its three-hour 75th-anniversary special and the 15th-season debut of "The Simpsons." CBS won the night by a wide margin in total viewers (17.1 million), while Fox led in the adults 18-49 demo (5.9 rating/15 share),...
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p19
Rates the cable television shows in the United States, according to Nielsen, for the week of August 22-28, 1994. ABC; CBS; NBC; Fox.
- The WB's mulitplexing plan. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Reports plans of WB cable network to multiplex several programs in the U.S. Percentage of unit prices for the second play; Reference to the experience of the network in multiplexing the program 'Charmed'; Selection of series by producers.
- mr. weatherman. Ardren, Bob // Sarasota Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on issues related to the telecast of a program segment on the cable television network Weather Channel in Sarasota, Florida. Identification of the person appearing in the segment; Professional responsibilities of the person appearing in the program segment.
- Rocking the Industry. Haley, Kathy; Knight, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p3
Discusses the growing popularity of the television series on U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 2002. Views of veteran writers and critics on HBO's series; Comparison of income generated by HBO with other broadcast networks; Creative impact of HBO on the...
- The Way of Success. // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p6
Discusses the projects undertaken by U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 2002. Plans to telecast two original series, 'Carnivale' and 'Dead Wood,' based on historical events; Plot and starcast of the two series; Inclination of HBO towards counter-programming;...